Sign in to follow this  
OC Nooby

conroe?

Having better RAM will allow for higher overclocks, but you could always run a divider and not overclock your RAM as much, or actually underclock it to achieve a higher CPU overclock.

I say the 6400 is a waste, either get the 6300 or the 6600. The 4MB cache doesnt make too much of a difference (I remember benchies saying it made like, 5% or less difference in frame rate and speed increases). The 6600 may be worth the extra cash for the higher multiplier, which would be better for you so you dont need to overclock your RAM as much or run such a harsh divider.

Depends on a lot of things.

well with my crap ram i can do 2.8ghz which is like 21 seconds in super pi...So once i get RAM tomorrow its gonna be nice.

Intel Conroe E6300 Core2 Duo (1.86Ghz)

Intel Conroe E6400 Core2 Duo (2.13Ghz)

Intel Conroe E6600 Core2 Duo (2.4Ghz)

I dont want to break a leg here.

But from what ive read and seen the conroe is a super cpu...

Im looking to get the E6400 or maybe the E6300 which only have 2mg cache. Will i notice a diff if i overclock?

Whats the diff?

as for Ram i got pc 4200 @ 533mhz, if i get some ocz @ 5-5-5-15 667mhz would that be better?

Intel Conroe E6300 Core2 Duo (1.86Ghz) <--allandale

Intel Conroe E6400 Core2 Duo (2.13Ghz) <--allendale

Intel Conroe E6600 Core2 Duo (2.4Ghz) <--Conroe

all good cpus jus different dividers

yah...My ram is really bottle necking the system. I'm stuck @ 2.8ghz 700mhz on the ram (350fsb).

So i guess ima get pc 6400 and see what i can reach. i get 6k in 2005 compared to 4k i got on the old 3.4ghz dual core p4.

Now to put my 7900 gt in the system :)

Yep, enjoy that chip man. I can tell these things are animals and I've barely got mine going.

yup, im just looking at some ram. BTW my ram is PNY PC 4200 @ 533mhz so that a pretty good oc for 4X256meg sticks...

533mhz to 700mhz :)

Sign in to follow this