8800 GTX SLI and OC'ed Conroe, How much Power?

Guest retratserif

Guest Retratserif

He has a nice wide screen. I am not sure which one, he showed it to me in a link on TS, so have no record of it.

Yeah I will get him to do the normal run down that we have standard here before he calls anything stable. Then bench it, tweak it, bench it some more.

I never benched my system here, well because my stupid 3700 will not OC for nothing. But I dont have a high end system. Its just enough to play most games on the market on high at my resolutions. I personally use a 21" CRT Brilliance by Phillips. Its great for games and awful for your back.

I am hoping that Ballistix are what they once used to be. I told him if it doesnt pass memtest at its rated speeds RMA it. If the 2nd pair doesnt pass get XMS, GSkill or OCZ. XMS seems to be doing really well with they newer DDR 800 4.4.4.12's. People have them up to 1000 right out the box with a little increase in voltage.

I just know my DDR 400 Ballistix rock. They can do us tabout anything you would wish them to do. Those first 512 sticks where just amazing.

I was one of the individuals that had a problem with the pc p & c 1000w quad sli psu. For some reason the psu would not power up with the plug under the cpu socket plugged in but apparently it was a board problem. The board was repaired by DFI in Hayward,ca and it works great now. I think Dan may have been referring to me as one of the individuals with pc p & c issues.

--EJM

XMS2 is great stuff. Had my DDR2-675 at 1005MHz before one crapped out temporarily... turns out the 2.45v I was pumping into them started to corrode 3 of the contacts... scratched that off and it was fine.

My next set of RAM will probably be Mushkin... nothing against Corsair.

Guest Retratserif

Cool. Is anyone here sporting those DDR2 1000 Ballistix yet? The heat sinks look different.

Guest Retratserif

Its $240 on newegg, or was at the time of the purchase.

Well there was some bad reports on the DDR 1 gig Ballistix for a while, then a rev came out and cleared it up. The only companies I have never heard of bad sticks from where Corsair and GSkill. I know OCZ has had a few here and there and Crucail sure has theres. But its just bad luck to get them.

Guest Retratserif

Well today is the day for him. I am talking with him about artic silverr application. I gave him Angry's video but explained to him that the arctic silver guide is still a great guide.

It calls for there to be a thin line down the center. Though I still use the dot. He is one neverous sucker atm. lol.

first attemp. He is now removing it and cleaning it. I have to get home and get on TS with him before he has an heartattack.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5351/1204061543fk5.jpg

Guest Retratserif

Can I have this moved to Intell Overclocking and is there a good voltage table for the conroe CPU and RAM somewhere?

I have him on TS and I want to get him from 2.4 -> 2.7 tonight but show him the proper way to slowly move up.

Should I just use the same tactic for the AMD chip?

Ok, another thing? What do the divider number stand for? I got 900 is 2/3. 1000 3/5. What are the rest for future use.

Atm I got him to 2.7 with ease. 9x300 and memory at 3/5. Used no over volts, well manually set ram at 2.1.

Any suggestions to get to 3.0 to 3.3 to 3.5 to 3.6.

I mean for voltages and stuff. I know nothing is in stone, but the methods I see on other forums dont really show a lot of work involved.

Thanks guys. Again I think this thread can be moved.