Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AndyOCZ

AndyOCZ is back!

Recommended Posts

Hi Andy

What I am trying to ask is will I be relatively safe upping the voltage over the recommended 2.8v providing I cool them well as I notice the other 2 XTC sets can handle 3.0v +- 5%

 

Ok forget the PC-4000 comparison I just found out they are using the Micron 5B-F chips

 

:)

 

You should be OK with trying up to 3.0v with any of our enthusiast memory. It may not help depending on the chips, so always run your voltage as low as possible for a given speed. In other words if you try 2.9v and you see no improvement go back to 2.8v.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would say within 2 days. Did you send an email? How long ago? I can say that occasionally an email won't get through, or will get caught in the spam filter. Feel free to forward the email to me and I will make sure they receive it.

Proberly got caught in the spam filter but i sent it twice now, this time i send a copy to ryder too .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy, Welcome back, always nice to meet a fellow guitarist.

OCZ makes great products. has wonderful support and helps us here at DFI Street.

Just read the welcome messages and most have a negative comments about rebates. I just quit buying OCZ products after dealing with your rebate company. I think you could really make a positive impact on OCZ by cleaning house at the rebate center. Now it's doing more harm to OCZ than good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see you back!

 

On the rebates, I have always got all my rebates, however I do have to write to OCZ a few times, every time! So, that is not always good, but I just know up front I will have to write, so thats the way it is. I never base my buying decision on a rebate and do so because I still have to put that amount up front and I wont see that 30-50 bucks for months. So I will buy a item that is the same price without a rebate, over one that has a rebate, if thats what works best for me!

 

I think you would draw more customes and save more money if you just offered money off, instead of rebates off. That way you dont need a rebate dept. and the customer gets a item at a sale price, without waiting for months to get the benifit of that sale price!

 

Rebates, coupons and Gift cert. always benefit the company that gives them. haveing worked upper managment for 2 very larg companys I know htat even for gift certificates, only 60% ever get used and the other 40% is pure profit for that company. The same applies to Rebates and coupons, we didnt get even 30% back on coupons, yet they increased our sales anyhow. The fact that someone just saw the coupon got them to buy from us and thats all we wanted! Rebates do the same thing, however they have a bad side to them and that is the problem we are talking about here!

 

Many times I have owned a great product and because of some stupid thing, never buy from them again. You have to have a all around, good customer service and a good product, to hold people as life long customers. Rebates and the problems they bring can mess that all up and make people feel wronged!

 

OCZ has always done right by me and always have had the best products, for me! I have something OCZ in every rig and in every rig I have built in the last 2 years. For me, OCZ has the best Customer Service and have done more and gone futher to help and resolve issues, than any other place I have bought Ram or PSU's from! Keep up the great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome back, Andy!

u helped me wit my pc3200 perf. series rev. 3 ram back then :P that thing clocks at 240mhz no problem thanks to u! not bad for $80 for 2x512.......

 

heh, i wish i could get more luck wit my Gold XTC ......;) 250 rock stable, 255 goes to hell and back...in a million pieces lol

 

oh well.....

 

welcome back :O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...