New case purchase, what would you buy?

loggan26

Speaking of cases.... think I could manage to fit a water cooling loop in my Tsunami? I would probably get an external 120.2 rad, no res (fill port), and just a CPU block. I was thinking about 1/2" tubing which would make it a bit harder.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of cases.... think I could manage to fit a water cooling loop in my Tsunami? I would probably get an external 120.2 rad, no res (fill port), and just a CPU block. I was thinking about 1/2" tubing which would make it a bit harder.

You could fit watercooling in that case without too much of a problem. They sell that case with water already built in, so it should'nt be an issue.

Really? I was trying to figure out how to internally mount a 120.2 rad, but it seemed like a ton of work. Ill just mount it externally for the time being and then internal over the summer or spring break from college when i have time.

Damnit... someone needs to take my credit card away from me. :rolleyes:

I was thinking cut out the USB and that stuff from the top, and integrate that area into part of the hole for the rad.... I would more my DVD drive down 2 or 3 spaces, and mount the rad in the top towards the front. I have a ton of time to think about this, I dont have the money to pay for it yet. Maybe spring break at the earliest, probably summer though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know i went with the COolermaster Stacker 830 black,,,,,,,Its an awesome case, plenty of room and its HUGE, a monster of a case,,,,,,,sliding mobo plate has the problem of being a little low for the pcie cards, but they did fit so all was fine, bent out the catch'es on the side panels and now they slide on and off no prob, no problem with the OCZ 700 GXS Psu fitting in there either,,,,,,,,its quiet, i added another 3 fans, 2 on the side one on the top,,,,its doing a great job of cooling at the mo.....Luv it even if it did cost me $360 :eek: LOL

Logan

I have had both the antec nine hundred and now have a lian li v1000 plusII. I must say the Lian Li is excellent. Coolest and quietest case i've ever owned. Keeps my Athlon FX-55 at 32 C with stock heatsink. PWMIC usually at just a degree or 2 over CPU. Chipset is anywhere from 35-52 but that's the stock expert chipset fan for ya. My 2 seagate hdds never get above 36. Plus the side exhaust fan sits directly over chipset and video card fan.