New case purchase, what would you buy?

loggan26

As it says up above, i'm looking to upgrade my noisy case to something with 12cm fans for less noise and decent cooling,,,,,,,,,NOt too bothered about lights and stuff, good access a bit of future proofing etc,,,,,,,i have about £100 or $200 to play with.......

So any advice, if you was me and was looking to buy a new case, what would you guys go for?????????????????

Cheers

Logan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually eyeballing Gigabyte's Triton or Poseidon cases- they've reviewed well, have 2 120mm fans, and are either ho-hum(Triton) or slightly more flashy and upscale (Poseidon) and are about $70 for the Triton and $90 for the Poseidon. I think they'd do well for you as they have shown to have very quiet fans included.

Thanks dudes :) @ laserred looking maybe closer to $200 mark upscale....nice cases though....

@HG Yes i like the COolermaster stuff as well i got an older ATCS 200 but the fans are 8cm and too noisy, hence upgrade.....Quality cases though cant fault them.

Keep them coming...;)

Logan

I agree with the Kingfish(you fly around my pond all summer!). I just bought my second P180. On my first, I swapped the stock fans for the $3 Yate Loons and the thing is quiet as a mouse. No hard drive noise. It's a dense-walled box that keeps things cool and quiet.

the CM Stackers are all 120mm other than the side and top fan...but I just use a Sunbeam fan controller and Y-splitters and adapters etc and run every single fan off the Sunbeam so I get ultimate quiet when I want it (plus I use watercooling to less fan is needed for the major cooling)

If you have that kind of money to spend on a case, I would say look no further than a Lian Li V1000 Plus II series or the new PC-A10. The build quality is incredible, the interior is spaceous, the features are fabulous, and it's solid aluminum construction keeps it lightweight.

Much better than the Cooler Master Centurian 530 case I saw.

I am in the same boat - lookin for my new case. After review my requirements I have down my choices into 3: stacker t-01 (called 801 in below picture), stacker 830, lian li pc7077 (below pic doesnt include 830 unfortunately):

casecomparisonfq8.th.jpg

hope it helps...

PS: i know that akasa mirage is another favorite on that side of the pool.