DFI Expert updated to 0406 oc now unstable...??

In preparaiton for my Opty165 install over the weekend, I decided to update the bios to the latest... and am now struggling to maintain the oc I had ben stable with since first build 8 months ago!!!

Now, I never used the savede CMOS bank for this oc, as I had read not to use any old saved banks after the bios update, so I manually went through and put all of the settings back to what they were... but the pc just freezes during the first gaming sequence of 3dmark06... I have just run through the benchmark with defualt bios settings (stock), which is working fine, so it must be the oc on the new bios....

Maybe I should have followed the old rule of "if it aint broke, dont fix it", but as im doing a rebuild with a new cpu, I thought I would do the bios update first...

Any advice....??? If I cant get it stable, could I just rollback the bios which I did actually back up first!!!!

In preparaiton for my Opty165 install over the weekend, I decided to update the bios to the latest... and am now struggling to maintain the oc I had ben stable with since first build 8 months ago!!!

Now, I never used the savede CMOS bank for this oc, as I had read not to use any old saved banks after the bios update, so I manually went through and put all of the settings back to what they were... but the pc just freezes during the first gaming sequence of 3dmark06... I have just run through the benchmark with defualt bios settings (stock), which is working fine, so it must be the oc on the new bios....

Maybe I should have followed the old rule of "if it aint broke, dont fix it", but as im doing a rebuild with a new cpu, I thought I would do the bios update first...

Any advice....??? If I cant get it stable, could I just rollback the bios which I did actually back up first!!!!

No two bios's will overclock using the exact same settings.

Go through and play with the settings to find something that will get you back to where you were before.

Tmod