Best S939 CPU Cooler (Air)

elessar777

Last night I just got my Vigor Monsoon II TEC cooler hooked up. I can tell you this I am very impressed. :D I got the sale price at newegg.com for $129.99.

These are my preliminary temps as tested with MBM5.

DFI LP Ultra-D

Opteron 165 Prime95 stable and clocked to [email protected] vCore

With ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU

OCZ EL Platinum 2GB kit , OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K

WD 36GB Raptor

ASUS EN6600/TD 256MB PCI-e

Out of case

XP SP2

Load OCCT 52ºC (Dual Core)

Folding 100% CPU 44ºC (NOT setup for Dual Core)

Idle 28ºC

Ambient 20ºC

#################

DFI LP Ultra-D

Opteron 165 Prime95 stable and clocked to [email protected] vCore

With Vigor Monsoon II TEC

OCZ EL Platinum 2GB kit , OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K

WD 36GB Raptor

ASUS EN6600/TD 256MB PCI-e

Out of case

XP SP2

Load OCCT 35ºC (Dual Core) :)

Folding 100% CPU 32ºC (NOT setup for Dual Core)

Idle 22ºC :D

Ambient 20ºC

More to follow later.......

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im using xp-90 non copper model with cpu clocked to my sigs specs

Idles around 30c, highest ive ever seen it go with it hot as hell in my room in 47C

Although I will admit I have a high powered fan I had to custom build into my antec case, extremely nice and has kept me from upgrading my case, took a regular front mount case fan shroud and put a high powered adjustable cpu fan in it that sits in the top HDD bay that basically blows over the ram through the fins of the CPU heatsink.

I'm using the Big Typhoon. I'm getting 22C Idle and 38C load @ 1.425 vcore in my 22C ambient basement. I've yet to see 50C on my CPU and I've had my vcore as high as 1.55 volts, but not for very long since it wasn't stable for more than about 5 minutes or so.

My heatsink is lapped and I removed my IHS. Those 2 things made a world of difference, and I suggest it if you plan to OC on air. I was getting 42C load before I removed the IHS at 1.4 vcore.

Well it's here.

When I opened the box I was quite surprised at how different the new AMD dual core Heatsink &fan are. Quite good looking peice of equipment with the dual heatpipes on it.

Now I am wondering whether the stock cooler will be better than my Arctic Freezer 64 Pro for now, or whether I should put it back on when I install the processor.

I won't be getting a new cooler for a week or so, until then I am still not sure what I am going to get but so far the Zalman 9700 has my vote.

any tips?

I'm guessing I should probably do a clear CMOS before installing the Opty, anyone with any other warnings/tips? Help appreciated, not that Im inexperienced but this is my first dual core CPU.

Im thinking running it at stock speeds at least for a few hours perhaps a day before I start overclocking it gently. actually, new RAM coming tomorrow so I might just wait till that arrives before installing the CPU