Sign in to follow this  
systmdfect

Time for a new monitor

Ok now that i've got my computer built I NEED a new monitor. This 17" mag isn't cutting it anymore. I'm looking at a Dell and a NEC. I need advice. Can't make decisions for myself :confused:

The Dell

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...19&sku=320-5123

The NEC

http://www.necdisplay.com/products/Product...cfm?Product=458

To me, the biggest difference is the price. I like the NEC because of the glossy screen, but unless the NEC is as good as the price difference I think I'll stick with the Dell.

Suggestions?

Why all the hype about dell screens anyway?? I have had 2 nec monitors and they are nice. CRT of course, but still nice.

I wonder who makes tha actual lcd's for dell?

Oh.. It just seems that alot of people are running dell lcd's.. I really want an lcd for the resolution, but I am still quite fond of the good old crt.

I wouldn't get the E207. IMO it's of very low quality using a PVA panel with little inputs.

If you want a Dell, get the 2007WFP. If not, I honestly wouldn't bother.

Both the NEC and Dell 2007WFP use S-IPS panels, however, the Dells is not glossy.

I wouldn't get the E207. IMO it's of very low quality using a PVA panel with little inputs.

If you want a Dell, get the 2007WFP. If not, I honestly wouldn't bother.

Both the NEC and Dell 2007WFP use S-IPS panels, however, the Dells is not glossy.

I was looking at that monitor too, but the response time is like 12 ms or 15, i don't remember, but it's up there. And I don't need a Dell, I'm just looking for a good widescreen monitor that's 20+ inches that I will enjoy playing games on. Preferably around $200-400. The NEC is really nice though and I've seen it in person.

I've always believed that Dell screens are the only good thing ever to come out of Dell warehouses - please leave Dell with some hope :(

I'm looking for around the same thing, a 20+" widescreen, but for around $300. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've got that NEC display and I can honestly say its amazing. It makes all the other lcd monitors I've used seem dim in comparison. Its a bit cheaper on Newegg and there's a $50 rebate as well. With the exclusion of those medical/super professional displays (that cost thousands), the NEC is the best 1680x1050 display money can buy.

Edit: figured i'd add some more. The NEC has tons of inputs, dvi, dsub, composite, component, audio, svideo, and coaxial. Its also a tv and supports Picture in Picture. Its very useful if you want to run a quazi headless server along with your main system on 1 monitor. Its a lot of money for a monitor, but I have no regrets. The specs say it all.

i don't have that particular nec but i do have 2 multisync 90gx2 monitors. i absalutely love them. they're by far the best monitors i've ever owned. before buying my first nec, i was using a 17 in samsung lcd. after seeing the nec in besbuy, i had to have one. i bought the 22 in westinghouse widescreen that best buy had on black friday but ended up selling it to my younger brother. he's 45 so you know i'm old :( . anyway, i then purchased a second 90gx2. in my opinion, the nec may cost more but the added expense is worth the quality you get in return. plus, the nec comes with a dvi cable so the purchase of another cable isn't needed. also, the 4 usb ports are a nice touch.

Sign in to follow this