Don't Buy Rounded Ide Cables From Frozencpu.com

Vaelen2001

i was just having a problem with my dvd and cdrw drives and i found out that the ide cable went bad...

thats TWO ide cables i've had go bad on me since i built my computer (2 years ago) the rounded clear cables were bought from www.frozencpu.com and worked great for the first year... but now.... they're both bad...

so dont buy their rounded clear cables they suck....

Well, if they worked for a year and then went bad, I am guessing that there could have been excessive twisting/repositioning of the cables to cause one of the wires to break. It would be different if the cables didn't work when you first got them. But anyways, dont buy round IDE cables from them, www.svc.com sells them much cheaper.

I had that happen to my cables after a while as well, its not the companies fault, but ours. Rounded cables aren't designed to last forever, the wires are too fragile. I know I most likely twisted mine too much. Don't blame them for whats not their fault...

also you have to realize that they don't make the cables...so it's very likely you'll get the same brand from another online retailer

good point,

i want to reinfoce the fact that im not bashing frozencpu as a company....

just the rounded cables...

everything else i've bought from them (roughly about 700 bucks worth) still rocks and works great...