What Opty 165 Steppings has Newegg been pushing out?

red930

Chill man, chill. Look, you paid for 1.8Ghz...so, that's really the only speed you're guaranteed to get. If you want it to be faster, buy a faster processor.

You really shouldn't RMA it just because of stepping. There's nothing wrong with the processor.

lol the whole reason i bought new hardware was to overclock this thing. that's the whole point of buying a dfi board, yes?

i see you have an excellent quote in your sig.. "Posted by Happy_Games

...Lanparty for overclocking till your eyeglasses melt off your face..."

i never said i RMAed it, im just gonna sell it to a friend.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chubbyfatazn yea sell it to your friend and eat the cost. better luck next time.

btw what stepping did they send you?

ah well it's like a lottery. i learned my lesson: i'm not gonna buy CPU's online again. It's like the lottery. after waiting for the right moment i sprung, and failed :(

oh well. that's why i have a fry's nearby :P time to write down all the good ones, bring it to them, and get them to cross check them in the cage :D

they sent me an ancient one.. i wouldnt have thought they'd have had those in stock.

CCBWE 0551VPMW. in sig.

From what I hear, most of the ones they sent out were good ones though. So you just happened to get lucky. Might want to go buy a lottery ticket while you're at it. :D

damn straight! i'm the luckiest man alive! i should be given an award :Pnot

bad things happen to me. so i guess i'm an unlucky person. ah well.

Guest synergy

Yea...I am the same way. I just received mine from Newegg and got the same stepping...arrghh. I don't know what to do now:cool:

UPDATE: I just called Newegg and they will RMA it. I do think it was bad though because I kept getting BSOD on stock settings.

Yea...I am the same way. I just received mine from Newegg and got the same stepping...arrghh. I don't know what to do now:cool:

UPDATE: I just called Newegg and they will RMA it. I do think it was bad though because I kept getting BSOD on stock settings.

But if they ship it out of the same warehouse then it will probably be the same/related stepping.. right?

From what I've read the reviewers are getting the CCBBE's out of the NJ Warehouse, whereas I got mine from the Cali Warehouse. I dunno. That's my logic.

Guest synergy

Yea...I ordered the 170...hopefully I get a good stepping. They actually gave me a refund on the 165...besides it wasn't even what I ordered! (read here)