Ram Its Confusing

I want to raise my FSB to 400 but I have generic pc 2700 in dual DDR mode (it wont go up that far will it ), if I buy generic pc 3200 will it run at 400 I live in australia so its cheaper to but gen (bad exchange rate ) I might be able to afford kingston but corsair is a little out of reach unlees someone can make a crap good case for it .Also if I then run the the 3200 in the first dual slot and the 2700 in the other 2 slots in dual will that slow down the pc 3200 to 2700 some one told me NO whats your take on it . (has anyone done it )

I want to raise my FSB to 400 but I have generic pc 2700 in dual DDR mode (it wont go up that far will it ), if I buy generic pc 3200 will it run at 400 I live in australia so its cheaper to but gen (bad exchange rate ) I might be able to afford kingston but corsair is a little out of reach unlees someone can make a crap good case for it .Also if I then run the the 3200 in the first dual slot and the 2700 in the other 2 slots in dual will that slow down the pc 3200 to 2700 some one told me NO whats your take on it . (has anyone done it ) ps SYSTEM is a AMD 2800+ @ 2163 mhz 3000+ 13x multiplier gigabyte GA 7N 400 pro 2 x pc 2700 (generic) ati 9600 pro 256 400/400

If you plan on using dual channel, you should buy two of the same exact memory modules and use them. I suggest buying two sticks of Kingston PC3200 256MB for a 512 total and then running at the 400FSB you want. PC2700 won't run to 400, you can try using a RAM Ratio if you motherboard supports it.

If you use one 3200 and two 2700, they'll ALL run at whatever FSB you set. So it doesn't really matter if you're tweaking. If you set it to use teh SPD of the Memory modules, they will run at the slowest speed.

sorry made a mistake when i wrote first posted regarding the pc 3200 i meant running two sticks of 3200 in the first dual slots 1,3 and the 2700 in the last two 2 sets of dual ddr 2 ,4 will it still slow down to 2700 if it does I guess I have to replace it all . And specifically will I be able to run a 400 fsb with kingston 3200 or generic 3200 and will it currupt my hard drive like some of the guys said ,its certainly not worth it then I will stick to a multipllier overclock and count my losses.ALSO SORRY Didnt know so many nice people would reply so fast wont multiple post again.

I want to raise my FSB to 400 but I have generic pc 2700 in dual DDR mode (it wont go up that far will it ), if I buy generic pc 3200 will it run at 400 I live in australia so its cheaper to but gen (bad exchange rate ) I might be able to afford kingston but corsair is a little out of reach unlees someone can make a crap good case for it .Also if I then run the the 3200 in the first dual slot and the 2700 in the other 2 slots in dual will that slow down the pc 3200 to 2700 some one told me NO whats your take on it . (has anyone done it ) ps SYSTEM is a AMD 2800+ @ 2163 mhz 3000+ 13x multiplier gigabyte GA 7N 400 pro 2 x pc 2700 (generic) ati 9600 pro 256 400/400

Devil already answered your question, and the same question has been answered multiple times in this forum.

Yes, if using two different speeds of RAM, the fasrest RAM will be slowed to the level of the slower RAM, or the level that the FSB is set at.

It's suggested you use the same make of RAM when using dual channel.

Even with 4 256 sticks why dont the 2 dual controlllers run independently say an application is running, it may only use up the space of 350 ram that means its only using the first 2 sticks (512) but the last 2 sticks have slowed the first 2 down.that annoys me I am gonna sell those sticks and do what I should have done in the first place buy ddr 400 X2 and then 2 more when I can afford it .OH CRAP.OVERCLOCKING DOESNT COME CHEAP QUOTE>

I took the refridgerated cooling unit from the bio tech industry, it was one of the most powerful coolers avaible in the world today .Used for freezing cells for micro slicing and I modified it to fit my case this took six weeks I also had a friend who worked at nasa he helped me get some materials not availble to the general public for use around the processor and then he worked with me on the project as it was also one of his hobbies. In the end the processor core was at minus 60 degrees under overclocked load we had overclocked the pentium 4 stable at 4.3 gigs I turned to my colegue and said did we go overboard did we go to far , is this a healthy obsession or are we totally crazy THE Z man overclocker and case modder since age 13 .1992

• 2 months later...