Sign in to follow this  
Smitty2k1

PCI-E x1 Slot useable with SLi setup?

Simple question, can I use my Pci-ex1 slot for a half height card if I have 2 6600GT running in SLi? I'm 99% sure the card will fit in, but does putting the two cards in SLi kill the rest of the PCI-E slots? For that matter could I also use the PCI-E x4 slot?

http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/...-cardstv-tuners

(such as this ATI Theater 550 Pro Tuner card)

I don't see why you couldn't use the other PCI slots. The slots for SLI are just for the graphics so the other PCI slots should work with any other PCI hardware you want to install.

I am going to say NO to using the other slots...and here is why...20 lanes of traffic is all that is allowed for the HTT buss...SLi will have x16 lanes used because each SLi slot is assigned x8 and x8 or x16 lanes in use...the most likely Pci-e slot left over is the x4 slot and I have seen many users try to use it and have issues if the card going in that pci-e slot was a bootable one. YMMV, but I would not depend on any of the other pci-e slots being fully useable with the earlier 20x lanes of those NF4 chipsets with SLi enabled.

RGone...:confused:

Simple question, can I use my Pci-ex1 slot for a half height card if I have 2 6600GT running in SLi? I'm 99% sure the card will fit in, but does putting the two cards in SLi kill the rest of the PCI-E slots? For that matter could I also use the PCI-E x4 slot?

http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/...-cardstv-tuners

(such as this ATI Theater 550 Pro Tuner card)

CPDMF,

What raid card are you using? I was actually wanting to do a raid5 soon and didn't want to use the SilRaid for it. I was looking into a cheap hardware raid solution (So really the CPU is still going to be doing it anyways because I'm not going to buy a $600 raid card... buuuut this is just going to be a media pc soon ayways)