Sign in to follow this  
prosser13

Graphics card in second slot

My Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 is extremely close to my 6600GT in the top slot, and I'm worried about temps increasing because of this.

Can I move the card into the second slot and run it? I'll have have that card in there?

If so, what BIOS options do I need to change?

you should be fine in the bottom slow, and afaik a 6600GT wont run that hot that your CPU will be a concern.

BIOS options i'm sketchy on, but i beleive there is an option that lets you set the speed in the bios, i'd suggest 8x for both slots, that way you can change slot at will

Just found this thread again.

I'll be trying this in a couple of weeks unless I get some other feedback :)

I took a look in the BIOS and I can select Dual Slots and then set both to 8x - does that sound right?

The main reason I'm worried is not cos the 6600GT is making heat, but its blocking off airflow from my front fan to the CPU.

I have my X1900XTX in the second slot and I have had no problems. I put it there because I have a Skythe Infinity and that sucker is so big it was blocking airflow on GPU when it was in the first slot.