Ghetto Trubo for your car via Makita?!?!

Splave

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceramic can take the heat, Hell it is used as a binder on the Space Shuttle tiles.

Tmod

Wow, I did'nt know that. I believe this paticular turbo is a little more prone to cracking than that of the ct26, though the lightness=Faster spool which is a good thing for me.

UD, your motor is made to be turbo charged in the first place, its alot different than say the SR20's in 200SX'x, they cant handle the boost on stock components, same as the engines in eclipse/talon non turbo and turbo. same engine, just made better with much different compression ratios. Its not about what your forced air can put out, but what the motor your trying to force it into can handle.

Ive seen a BPR fail on a primarily stock H22A honda before, last thing the guy said was "holy crap this is fast for 5 pounds of boost" then he dropped 3 pistons in the middle of the street :) one of the most amusing things ive ever seen, but i didnt have any money in the car.

Best bang for the buck for you provided all your O2 sensors/MAF etc etc etc are upto par is a single stage NOS shot, like 50-75 horse should be fine on most newer cars with very little modifications NOS is a catalyst, and depsite the BS in the fast and the furious is not by itself flammable, and detonation is normally only a problem in carburated cars since they cant compensate fast enough to make up for how lean the air/fuel ratio gets unless they are made fo rit.

1999 Oldsmobile Alero

Catalytic Converter

Brand: Magnaflow

Any gains, better sound?? lol Im kinda car dumb

Wait, are you talking about just "upgrading" the cat to a magnaflow one? If so, I don't see as to how it could hurt. You might get a little less restriction, which would gain you a couple of hp.

UD, your motor is made to be turbo charged in the first place, its alot different than say the SR20's in 200SX'x, they cant handle the boost on stock components, same as the engines in eclipse/talon non turbo and turbo. same engine, just made better with much different compression ratios. Its not about what your forced air can put out, but what the motor your trying to force it into can handle.

Ive seen a BPR fail on a primarily stock H22A honda before, last thing the guy said was "holy crap this is fast for 5 pounds of boost" then he dropped 3 pistons in the middle of the street :) one of the most amusing things ive ever seen, but i didnt have any money in the car.

Best bang for the buck for you provided all your O2 sensors/MAF etc etc etc are upto par is a single stage NOS shot, like 50-75 horse should be fine on most newer cars with very little modifications NOS is a catalyst, and depsite the BS in the fast and the furious is not by itself flammable, and detonation is normally only a problem in carburated cars since they cant compensate fast enough to make up for how lean the air/fuel ratio gets unless they are made fo rit.

Nos is never safe it can explode by itself and kill you engine even if you are carfull. You need to richen your mixture as it provides O2 in addition to enery itself and the catalitic effect. You can have a nos only motor no gas needed and the engine gas can back flow into the bay for a nice pyrotecnic display though it is expensive.

The O2 sensor loop can only go so far. If you plan to keep a car dont use nos unless you do it right with extra fule and rarly. Right now with the EPA laws engines are already lean to a fault it doesnt take much to go to far and creat hot spots and detonation.

As to the blower I dont think you guys have any real Idea how much air a motor moves the blower would probibily restrict airflow under full load.

Nos is never safe it can explode by itself and kill you engine even if you are carfull. You need to richen your mixture as it provides O2 in addition to enery itself and the catalitic effect. You can have a nos only motor no gas needed and the engine gas can back flow into the bay for a nice pyrotecnic display though it is expensive.

The O2 sensor loop can only go so far. If you plan to keep a car dont use nos unless you di it right and rarly.

As to the blower I dont think you guys have any real Idea how much air a motor moves the blower would probibily restrict airflow under full load.

Seconded.

I think it depends on the engine, but it could actually give you a few extra horsepower. I have actually seen a dyno video where they gained like 20-30horsepower while testing with the blower duct taped to the intake hose.

EDIT: As for NOS, I would never run it, unless I had an engine I wanted to destroy, in a fun sort of way ;)