Ghetto Trubo for your car via Makita?!?!

Splave

While looking to find a turbo for an alero with a 3400 engine (cause I have some cash, but not enough to buy a new car, so I want to OC my cars potential) Already have the Cold Air intake....Read somewhere but cant remember that something along the line of this (rofl) will actually bring extra performance...In all seriousness how would it not? :P

lrafmknewub121dznk1.jpg

Anyone know of any good upgrades to see some real performance that would be worth while to my beater?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While looking to find a turbo for an alero with a 3400 engine (cause I have some cash, but not enough to buy a new car, so I want to OC my cars potential) Already have the Cold Air intake....Read somewhere but cant remember that something along the line of this (rofl) will actually bring extra performance...In all seriousness how would it not? :P

lrafmknewub121dznk1.jpg

Anyone know of any good upgrades to see some real performance that would be worth while to my beater?

How many CFM is she worth?

Tmod

Dude, hate to break it to you, but that's never going to work.

For a turbo to be effective it must be able to produce quite a bit of boost, and I'm afraid this could not get anywhere near that.

The turbine in that is most likely of very low quality compared to what actual turbos are made of. Plus, it would probably melt under the immense heat and pressure.

You'd also need some kind of intercooler.

I'm going to doubt that would run at 100,000 to 200,000 RPM reliably ;)

Here's some more info about why this won't ever work.

Dude, hate to break it to you, but that's never going to work.

For a turbo to be effective it must be able to produce quite a bit of boost, and I'm afraid this could not get anywhere near that.

The turbine in that is most likely of very low quality compared to what actual turbos are made of. Plus, it would probably melt under the immense heat and pressure.

You'd also need some kind of intercooler.

I'm going to doubt that would run at 100,000 to 200,000 RPM reliably ;)

Here's some more info about why this won't ever work.

A standard "stock" turbo only usually produces anywhere from 6-12 psi. That's not that much boost at all. The intercooler would be of course nessasary for the long run, but what I was referring to, was more just hooking it up to the intake, and cranking it, while on a dyno.

A standard "stock" turbo only usually produces anywhere from 6-12 psi. That's not that much boost at all. The intercooler would be of course nessasary for the long run, but what I was referring to, was more just hooking it up to the intake, and cranking it, while on a dyno.

Most add on kits are limited to 4-5psi of boost, but are capable of producing 15+ easily. but 15+ swiss cheeses bottom ends of stock motors

Most add on kits are limited to 4-5psi of boost, but are capable of producing 15+ easily. but 15+ swiss cheeses bottom ends of stock motors

Yes, and some stock turbo's can actually handle 15+ if properly IC'd.. The ct20b, which is from the third gen 3sgte from my car for example, can easily do 15 psi, and has a very quick spool reaponse, due to it's ceramic wheel. However that also leaves it more prone to cracking under the high heat, so a good TMIC would be a must.

due to it's ceramic wheel. However that also leaves it more prone to cracking under the high heat, so a good TMIC would be a must.

Ceramic can take the heat, Hell it is used as a binder on the Space Shuttle tiles.

Tmod