Sign in to follow this  
doubleup

Four solid LED's No Post - Nada

I just purchased a DFI Lanparty SLI-DR Expert off eBay and when I try to boot it up I get 4 solid LED's and an amber "standby" LED - no beeps. I get the same LEDs with or without the CPU installed.

I just upgraded my PSU as told to do by this forum. I have a OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU now and still having the same problems.

Perform a CMOS clear using the link in my sig. Try to boot with a minimum build. Processor, 1 stick of memory in the orange slot furthest from the processor and video card. Once the system boots, enter the bios and load Optimized Defaults.

I'm letting it sit right now for the CMOS clear. Wouldn't I get a sign of life prior to doing this? All I get are the amber LED and the 4 red LEDs..the on-board fan comes on as well..besides that I get no beeps, noting. The screen comes on for a sec to display it's own internal monitor settings and then turns off when the pc is turned on.

If this doesn't fix the problem, how long are the warranties and would the warranty cover it even though I bought it off eBay?

YOur cpu fan comes on as well i hope ;), your saying the mobo shuts down? If this is the case then have you checked the TIm on the cpu and reseated the HSF as it might not be making good contact, maybe your cpu heating up fast and the board shutting down to protect it>.......

I dont think warranty is covered if you bought it from ebay....

A long cmos clear might do the trick though...

Logan

First off take it easy it isn't automaticaly a defective board. Did you read and follow step by step the initial build guide? link is in my sig. We need to know if you did a minimum build first CPU, 1 stick of ram in the orange slot furthest from the cpu, 1 graphics card, ps2 keyboard and mouse.1 st boot into bios to load optimised defaults. ect. If you just put everything together and it won't work well this is why. Especialy with the Expert board Please foolow the build guide and then post back. minimum hardware means minimum places to look for problem. Once you have posted into the bios and loaded optimised defaults you can then set the bios to run memtest on next boot run memtest at least 8-10 times with no errors the shut off and and test your other stick of ram by itself. Oncw they have both passed memtest with no errors put them both in the orange slots and run test again. Only after it is error free and stable should you install your primary hard drive and 1 optical drive to load windows. All of this is spelled out in the guide as well as making sure all 4 power connectors are plugged in 1 24pin 1 8pin eps i molwx and 1 f;oppy on the motherboard.

I've looked at the building guide and have all the power connectors except the molex as I have the Expert version of SLI-DR. Every other power connector is hooked up. I get 4 solid LEDs with or without the CPU seated. If I try to boot it up with just the CPU, no mem, vid, ps2 keyboard I get 4 LEDs...same as if all those items are installed as well. The LED for the memory doesn't come on at all...just 4 red LEDs and the "standby" LED. Is there any way to see if the CPU is getting power because I'm sensing it is not. If I leave the PC on I cannot feel any heat from the CPU.

Also wanted to add that cpu heatsink fan comes on, when vid card is inserted its fan comes on...

follow the build guide. Cpu and heatsinK,1 stick of ram orange slot furthest from the cpu, video card, monitor, ps2 keyboard and mouse. Do a full cmos clear. The guide for the cmos clear http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24 Once you have cleared your Cmos and replaced the hardware listed above push the on button on the motherboard. Make sure the red cmos clear button is in the correct position. Will it post now?

The LED for the memory doesn't come on at all...

This may be a clue...

No power to the memory means no go :) Do you have a different set of DIMMS you could try if the CMOS clear and minimum build fail?

No, I do not have another set of DIMMS; however, I do know that these DIMMS work as they run fine in my previous machine that this DFI is supposed to replace.

I did the CMOS clear (sat for about 16 hours) step-by-step with minimal hardware and it's still the same. 4 red LEDs, 1 amber 'standby' LED, no DIMM LED. Same with or without the cpu inserted as well as the other hardware.

If it were my RAM it would at least detect the CPU correct? Get to 2 or 3 LEDs, whatever it is.

Im not saying its your ram BUT just cause it worked in another board does not mean its g0nna work in a DFI, whole different animal.....

Logan

Roger - Thanks for the insight. I got this board off eBay; it was supposed to be new however it wasn't when I received it. Perhaps I shall just send it back and get a refund and buy a brand new one from an online company. Thanks.