Sign in to follow this  
brylax23

Driver irql not less or equal

i know i have system mechanic on my computer. i believe that it backsup registry is there anyway to reload that but not being able to get into the GUI Windows XP

i had this exact same thing last year i sent my ram back and replaced and still an issue, i bought a new psu thinking it was that , i cleared CMOS , installed windows over and over. Still the problem occured, it was getting very frustrating indeed, i started to doubt whether my choice of mobo as a padewan was wise. Driver IRQ can be as i understand anything that is wrong and cannot be definately diagnosed as one thing specifically. My issue how- ever was that i bought a AEOLUS GPU from ebay , trying to make the build cheaper (NEVER DO THIS) , I sent it to a mechanic too (not for cars) and the guy also could not diagnose but still took money , when you buy one of these boards you really start to realise that you know more than you think and a visit to your local vendor cannot fix everything. ANYWAY not to ramble on , the AEOLUS card was the issue if i changed the res on games i got a restart and BSOD, i the bought a new card and voila the issue sorted. Go through everything you have bought, have you got anything from friends too help you out.

my vid card is new but i dont think is my problem. it was very random i just restarted my computer yestarday and got the BSOD on startup. If i cant figure anything out by tomorrow i guess ill reinstall windows..i just dont wanna lose all my files. i wish there was still a way i could retrieve some of them before the reformatting

Brylax i always wack all my files onto mi ipod before reinstalling , or wack them onto a spare SATA disk , i have 300gb MAxtor that can just be ejected if i need to. But if you cannot get anywhere past the blue screen , you may have to bite the bullet mate. Try one stick at a time, and go through your build section by section using the sticky. You may find it could be something simple. Load optimised defualts and also clear CMOS, there is a sticky for this. But if mem test went crazy then there must be something wrong or faulty with ram, my BSOD was to do with my G card, my ram was fine.

You won't necessarily lose all your files if you reinstall windows will you? When you install you have the option to format the partition but you don't have to. When I had kind of the same problem I reinstalled windows and made sure I chose a different username when setting it up. Then when I looked in the documents and settings folder the old username was still in there. If I remember correctly I couldn't access any of the files and had to install x64 XP on top of XP to get at them. It's long winded but you might save your files!