445fsb 9xmultiplier Orthos attempt!!!

raju

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah no i just reached the limits of this particular Dominator 800 set somehow @ 639Mhz (425x8, it will boot and run all day long but it won't reboot *cold nor warm*)

boots right up and runs perfect with the Dominator 1066's @ exact same voltage, timings, divider (425x8 @ DDR400, 4-4-4-12, 2.2v) so re-running all the tests/benchmarks then I think I might try 450x8 @ 3600Mhz and see if she'll run

bust mostly I'll be going back through the dividers finding max limits on 400, 533, 667, 800 since I'm quite sure this 2.13Ghz E6400 will do 3400Mhz (since it is doing it easily right now) which gives me confidence that I will "run out of motherboard" before i "run out of RAM or cpu"

(ie like you always run out of milk before you run out of cookies...)

Impressive raju, really.

Howd you manage to kill your 975X/G, H_G?

Vdimm no more than 2.2v

Woops on that one, haha. I had my Corsair XMS2 DDR2-675 @ 2.45v on the 800 divider (CPU was at 3.1GHz, I think) when I was pushing the RAM to the limit... I had it at 1005MHz before it crapped out.

I havent gathered the guts to start pushing it again just yet... guts or stupidity, who knows.

Impressive raju, really.

Howd you manage to kill your 975X/G, H_G?

Woops on that one, haha. I had my Corsair XMS2 DDR2-675 @ 2.45v on the 800 divider (CPU was at 3.1GHz, I think) when I was pushing the RAM to the limit... I had it at 1005MHz before it crapped out.

I havent gathered the guts to start pushing it again just yet... guts or stupidity, who knows.

It wasn't dead, just a memory issue, you didn't read his second post. ;)

Wish that was the case on mine. :(

As for vdimm...I was pushing 2.6 through my Redlines for a time, but thats when it was nice and chilly in here anyways. Still good to go. :)

D'oh, hah.

My RAM wasnt dead.... I limped on 1x1GB stick for a few days until I pulled the "dead" stick out of my desk drawer... I noticed a black smudge on 3 of the contacts... scratched that off and popped it back in and it works just fine. Got it at 838MHz without a hitch.

Lucky with that... For now Im going to run it on a divider and keep it reasonable (or as reasonable as 150MHz above stock is... :rolleyes:).