Sign in to follow this  
raju

445fsb 9xmultiplier Orthos attempt!!!

Using phase, modded nb voltage to 1.8v (still reasonable)..

Here's what I'm attempting, now this board has equaled what I managed on the Asus Pro with phase, using the same nb volts, at an amazing lower price.

445fsbattemptbf0.th.jpg

btw sticking to auto settings for cas-tras in bios helps set the trc, which defaults to 1 if you use manual dram timings and causes lockups over 430fsb, again you need 1.8nb volts for this. So not really for everyone, not to mention the cooling on the nb and most importantly on the cpu..

regards

Raja

still going strong 1hr 42 in....

if it gets past 4 hours or so it has a good chance of making it.

regards

Raja

Ok, failure at 4hrs and 58mins, not bad, but will try with more vcore and 444fsb... Can't be far off the max limit if it hits nearly 5 hours...

regards

Raja

Thermaltake extreme spirit II and 90mm fan at full blast in combination. Full load temp at 1.84vnb is between 38-41 degrees (watercooling territory)..

regards

Raja

Excellent job man, I see 1.150 vcore on the screen shot. Is that what was used on the cpu? What were the temps like? I'v got my Infinity/6600 coming to me by FedEx, so it will be like when I started with my first DFI board again.:D

Ah, I see, that is still a very reasonable vcore IMO. Great job alltogether, got a link on how to mod the nb? I may get adventurous and do it myself too. I also got my H20 cooling on the closet, thought maybe I'd try it out with the 6600, but before I max out what I can get on air though. Thnaks dude.

xtremesytems used to have the mod up check the vmod section, also vr-zone has a pencil mod (which can be risky)...

Ususal disclaimers apply, easiest way to kill hardware is through misadventure, I've killed loads...

regards

Raja