Anyone know a good proc fan/heatsink for the NF590 SLI

Refozo

Hello I'm in middle of buying a new PC and im gunna be buyign this MB and I was wondering if anyone knows of a really good fan/heatsink for a am2 proc that wont hit the ram and what not on this board. Any information would be helpful and thanks in advace.

I just built a 590 system that I am selling very nice board by the way! I just used my operton stock heatsink which is a really nice heatsink considering that its stock . If you havent bought a processor yet thinlk about getting a Operton and just put a higher cfm fan on it.

Depends on what you wanna spend on it really. The one I use is the Artic Cooling 64 Freezer Pro and can be found for about $20 shipped. It does an excellent job of cooling for the cost. It keeps my OCed proc at about 45c load core temp. The new Zalman CNPS9500CU is a superior cooler, but runs about $65 shipped. List the specs for your "new" rig and let us know what price range your looking at for the cooler.

Depends on what you wanna spend on it really. The one I use is the Artic Cooling 64 Freezer Pro and can be found for about $20 shipped. It does an excellent job of cooling for the cost. It keeps my OCed proc at about 45c load core temp. The new Zalman CNPS9500CU is a superior cooler, but runs about $65 shipped. List the specs for your "new" rig and let us know what price range your looking at for the cooler.

On the other note, CoolerMaster also have Hyper TX (available in AMD and Intel version) that is similar to AC Freezer64 Pro. Based on some reviews the former does slightly better than the latter, with the same price tag.

I was thinking about getting:

Case: Lian-Li PC-7AW Plus Silver Aluminum Mid-Tower ATX Case

with 120mm fans (1 front, 1 back, 1 top, 2 side)

Case fans: 5 SILVERSTONE FN121 120mm Case Fans

Mother board: DFI LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Power Supply: OCZ OCZ600ADJSLI ATX12V 2.01, ATX, BTX, SATA, P4, and EPS12V 600W Power Supply

Memory: OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Proc: havent decided yet not sure if i want the (65w) or a 1m L2 Cache (could use soem help on that too)

Fan/heatsink: need help with this as thread title

Graphics Cards: two eVGA 7900 GTO's (for some reason newegg took it off tonight?) might have to settle for two eVGA 512-P2-N637-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Superclocked

Well this is what i want to buy any tips and such would do fine by me thanks to all who have replied i really appreciate it.

Guest DaddyD302
Hello I'm in middle of buying a new PC and im gunna be buyign this MB and I was wondering if anyone knows of a really good fan/heatsink for a am2 proc that wont hit the ram and what not on this board. Any information would be helpful and thanks in advace.

When you do buy the mobo, be aware of this issue with it. Unless it shipped out with the new bios 8-29-06, expect it to freeze in bios when you are looking at your cd-rom, hd, first part. Just bypass that part and set up your other things you need in bios.

As for your HS, well I was gonna recommend the Thermalright S-128, but you stated you didn't want a HS that touches your ram. This baby will touch the rams and make it impossible to move rams in slot 3 and 4. It is the best HS I ever used, if you can ignore that problem, running at 1.57V and temps at 34C idle. Another problem is you have to remove the video card to get to the switch to get the video card out.

I would say try the Zalman 9500. It's big but it won't touch your rams. I had bad luck with it on my mobo, it wouldn't sit fully on my mobo, maybe you'll have better luck.

You can't make the zalman tight enough so it won't slide around, it's a POS.

I was using a stock skt 939 heatsink from a 4600x2 that wasn't bad, but not much overclocking can be done.

Tried an OCZ, but about as good as the stock one.

http://home.comcast.net/~seven333/2006_0919Last_Try0010.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~seven333/2006_0919Last_Try0009.JPG

Also tried my favorite CoolerMaster that cools close to water, but the base is round and didn't work well.

Believe me, I've spent alot of time trying heatsinks and making them fit for this AM2 socket, go out to compUSA and pick up a full size Big Typhoon and a 2800 rpm fan or better for it. It's made for AM2's and fits well, plus it cools the best so far.

The board reads the cpu temps high for some reason, hope it's a bios issue.

Will post pics later and use AS5 paste.