Gainward Fx5200

JmartyG

Hi people, i'm new and i'm from Canada.. yay.

Anyway, I just bought a PC form a local computer store and I made the mistake of getting a 5200. I'm running an ECS L7VTA 1.0 motherboard with a 2400 chip. I believe the retail for the vid card is around $130. What should I replace it with?

I' trying to stay away from the ATI cards since the building where I was an IT tech got 20 odd p4 2.4's with the ATI cards. After setting up that many with XP and 2000, I got sick of them. Any help would be great. I don't want to spend over $100 with a trade-in. I tried the search, but i dont want to read through that many pages of opinions. lol.

Thanks,

Marty

Sorry man, but ATI cards are the best. You can get a radeon 9600 pro for about $135 on pricewatch...that's a great deal. But if you ABSOLUTELY want an nvidia card :O then get a *gasp* fx5600 ultra. (about $135 also) But for the love of god don't get a non-ultra version.

I agree 100%. older rage and early radeon cards might be a bear to get going good in windows, but the 7500 and later work great. drivers are an OLD and irrelavent issue these days. the ati drivers are 100x better than the old days.