Planned Upgrade ????

Magel

Just wondering what people have got planned for future upgrades? The hype is all on AM2 DDR2 systems right now it seems not to mention Quad Core Intel's.... Ive read that DDR3 isn't all that far away from release how that will change every thing again ! Ill probably wait till Quad Core AMD's that support DDR3 with next gen Nvidia cards are on the market coupled with a DFI Board which will hopefully be here sooner than later....will just need the $$$$$$$$ to by it all....

Vid card in my future, and hopefully one of the S939 dual opties if I can get my hands on a "new discounted price" one here in Canada. (tigerdirect.ca sells opties, but last time I checked they still wanted the old price for them).

I'm always a couple of years behind the latest tech so hopefully AMD will have it's answer to the new intel chips out by the time I'm ready to move to a completely new platform. (Gonna have to be good to convince me to drop coin on a good set of new mem.... :) ).

I'm still a couple years "behind" as well. As soon as amd comes out with there QC chips, and the prices are within my limits, then I may just snatch up a new platform. Until then, I am perfectly content.

Though I would really like some more freakin ram ;)

Well, you cant really call mine a planned upgrade as im selling everything atm (sswilson should buy one of ym vid cards) But the next PC I build will be a C2D platform. Right now Im blazing through the web with an FIC AMD Socket A, 1800+ Palamino, 128+256mb of RAM and onboard video :) :)

i plan on upgrading my tv to 1080p so my Xbox360 looks a little better than it does right now at 1080i

as for computer... I got more computer than I need (i'm sure that doesn't sound so hot to some of you who have to struggle to make extra cash to have all the nice hardware)

i plan on upgrading my tv to 1080p so my Xbox360 looks a little better than it does right now at 1080i

as for computer... I got more computer than I need (i'm sure that doesn't sound so hot to some of you who have to struggle to make extra cash to have all the nice hardware)

I am actualy looking forward to a new TV more than a new computer too and a Xbox360 once we get the TV. We have ben waiting for christmass for the prices to drop.

Well, you cant really call mine a planned upgrade as im selling everything atm (sswilson should buy one of ym vid cards) But the next PC I build will be a C2D platform. Right now Im blazing through the web with an FIC AMD Socket A, 1800+ Palamino, 128+256mb of RAM and onboard video :) :)

Heh......

I did actually look at those when you posted them. :)

Unfortunately my toys will have to wait until after Christmas is taken care of.

well I have a whole new system in coming in the future. Just ordered case from SVC. Should be here in a week, then starts the case modding (which will probably cost a pretty penny). I haven't decided if I want to stay AMD or if I want to go Intel (DFI board for sure though). Most of this will be built in Feburary once I have money from recruiting.

Other plan is a projector for my room. It will then be hooked up for PC, TV, Video Games