Is my motherboard dOA?

I haven't tried the latest BIOS (as I've since returned the OCZ stuff for a replacement) but I tried pretty much every revision and my OCZ DDR2-8000 wouldn't work with the Inf 975X... I'd give OCZ an email theres a thread with the relevant details somewhere on this forum - they are very good at getting it fixed apparently...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This IS NOT a LANPARTY board.... There are NO DEBUG LED's...

THERE ARE NO ORANGE SLOTS OR YELLOW. Obviously you don't have the board...

So use the second channel, first slot. If only everyone who had your config (board/DDRAM/CPU) you probably would not get much response on your query.

I got this response from OCZ:

"The PC2-8000 Gold Edition product is compatible with your DFI motherboard"

Another guy from OCZ sent me an RMA form after I told him my probs :confused:

So it's doubtful my RAM is the cause of the problem, it has to be the mobo yeah?

get some value ram to test it with if you can...

I know for a fact that PC2-8000 Gold Edition is not 100% compatible with the DFI Infinity 975X board - and a quick search of these forums will tell you the same thing.

get some value ram to test it with if you can...

I agree. Not sure where 'meeksville' is but if you have a Best Buy (or similar shop) nearby, just grab a stick of cheap ram and test her out. Can always return it anyways.

LOL I gone and killed another mobo - LINK :eek:

I don't think this is a case of DOA goods, somewhere I'm going wrong and frying components?

Both boards won't/stopped posting when I put em inside an Antec Case, with a new Hiper 580W power supply, LED fans, DVD/CD-ROM. *NOTE both systems flashed with light then wouldn't even run when connected to a certain LED fan - but would afterwards once disconnected)

I used a magnetic screwdriver on both occasions :confused: