Sign in to follow this  
-CsA-TAZ

Dell 2007wfp Are They Any Good?

Thinking of getting this monitor, I know alot of you have them so what are the like? Is the 16ms response time a problem? will be using it for gaming and surfing the net, not for DVD movies or anything like that, so shall I go for it?. they are less than £300 over here @ the mo, and thats £100 cheaper than buying it straight from dell! or is there better out there for the same money?

what i really appeals to me about this monitor is the fact i can now plug my xbox 360 straight in which is cool!

E207WFP 20-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD It has less inputs, but sports a better response time.

20.1 inches (20.1-inch viewable image size)

Pixel Pitch

0.258mm

Response Type(Typical)

5ms

Preset Display Area

Horizontal-433.44mm (17.06 inches)

Vertical-270.90mm (10.67 inches)

Viewing Angle

160 degrees (vertical), 160 degrees (horizontal)

Luminance (Brightness)

300cd/m2 Typical

Contrast Ratio

(800:1)

Horizontal Scan Frequency kHz

30 kHz to 83 kHz (automatic)

Vertical Scan Frequency Frequency kHz

56 Hz to 75 Hz (automatic)

Optimal Resolution

1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz

im not sure about the 2007, but i have the 3007 & im very impressed with it. its my first lcd, it does everything i want & looks great. i would imagine the 2007 to b the same just different size.

E207WFP 20-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD It has less inputs, but sports a better response time.

Yeah I have this monitor and right now have my pc hooked up via DVI and my 360 hooked up via VGA.Looks great for both. 360 doesn't support 1680x1050. So you put it at 1280x1024 and it optimizes and looks great in games. Dashboard a little diff but still pretty sharp.

I LOVE the Dell 2007WFPs. They use very high-end S-IPS LCD panels which offer much better color reproduction (but unfortunately slower response times)

I do not notice any ghosting in any of my games, but that's very subjective.

They have DVI, VGA, S-Video, Component, USB Hub, etc. I love using the USB hub for my thumb drive, very convenient.

The E207WFP does not have any of these (except for DVI) and uses a very low quality panel.

In my opinion these monitors are not even in the same ballpark.

Here is my setup:

DFISetup.jpg

Here is some more information regarding LCD monitors, including the 2007WFP.

I LOVE the Dell 2007WFPs. They use very high-end S-IPS LCD panels which offer much better color reproduction (but unfortunately slower response times)

I do not notice any ghosting in any of my games, but that's very subjective.

They have DVI, VGA, S-Video, Component, USB Hub, etc. I love using the USB hub for my thumb drive, very convenient.

The E207WFP does not have any of these (except for DVI) and uses a very low quality panel.

In my opinion these monitors are not even in the same ballpark.

Here is some more information regarding LCD monitors, including the 2007WFP.

Nice, just ordered it should arrive tomorrow, I nearly got the Asus PW201, but it was £60 to £80 more and only slightly better picture quality, did not realize that the 207WFP had all the same connections as the 24 inch version, so happy to have found it @ the right price!

Sign in to follow this