Sign in to follow this  
CharmedLover84

What is your favorite weapon in FarCry?

Guest SuppA-SnipA

mp5 and sniper :)

:( my far cry dvd is SCRATCHED to hell i cant play anymore

Yeah, I usually play with God Mode on and use the Dev Mode floating thingy, that way the weapon doesn't move while yer aiming. LOL I love the game though, forgot I even made this thread until I was looking for one on the Dark Messiah (which I finally installed and started playing today).

Guest SuppA-SnipA

heh picked up a copy of far cry for $15 at walmart (canada) 5 cds ..now i can play again, i was shocked to see people still playing online

mine is the OICW Advanced Assault Rifle , this is just awsome

great game , infact im going to install it again now i have my new opty ,,,has anyone tried the taccto map ????? the granades are better

Let's see.

I don't remember the M249 you're talking about, but I'll look out for it next time I play.

There's a weapon for every purpose, and obviously for sniper shots the best bet is the AW50 sniper rifle. The name, obviously derived from AS50 (although the rifle does not resemble the AS50), implies that the weapon is a .50 BMG cartridge, and the looks of the ammo seems to confirm this. The .50 BMG is the single most powerful ballistic weapon a civilian can own that isn't classified as a destructive weapon by the ATF.

I have to admit, although I enjoy playing the game straight and dealing with the challenges that arise, I also enjoy using the cheats patch and laying down multiple cans of whoop-butt with God mode and unlimited ammo on. And my favorite weapon to that end is the OICW. It's basically the same as the G36, except for two things: it doesn't run out of ammo as quickly, and it holds shells instead of one grenade. In fact, I find myself using the shells a lot more than normal fire mode. Without the cheats, this is obviously another matter.

"Jungle Falcon" is obviously derived from "Desert Eagle" and probably fires .50 Action Express cartridges, one of the most (but not the most) powerful commercially handgun cartridges available. As such, it's pretty decent. I have a habit when using any kind of pistol to fire several rounds, so if it takes two or three I don't really notice. A big part of how powerful a weapon is perceived to be is the sound it makes and how much recoil you see it kick back on screen, and the Desert Eagle is done very well.

The stationary weapons are nice but you can never get your hands on one when you need it, usually you have to kill everyone just to get to the gun and by then, why bother. Vehicles are similar except that instead of not being able to get your hands on one, it's hard to aim at anything human sized anyway, and when aiming behind me I have the tendency to roll the damn thing over on a hill because I can't see where I'm going. :D

Yeah, I agree with you there and that's why I use third person point of view when driving (gets too disorienting, same concept with Oblivion, I can't stand riding a horse in first person point of view).

mp5 and sniper :)

:( my far cry dvd is SCRATCHED to hell i cant play anymore

if its still installed on the pc. just got the no CD patch