Sign in to follow this  
Guest RohypnoL_merged

Fastest Prime95 Failure?

Guest RohypnoL

My record is 17 seconds. I was doing 300x10 CPU with my memory @ 250 (5:6 divider) with latencies of 1.5-2-2-0-1T.

Guest RohypnoL

Well, yeah. I guess I didnt state the topic clearly. I *Meant* to say how fast you failed when you actually thought it was stable/semi-stable. Obviously I could crank my processor up to 3.2ghz and fail as soon as I press start, but that's not practical.

I thought my Opty was semi-stable at 2.9 GHz but one core failed Prime after about a second or so.

One time I ran Prime overnight with my old processor, and woke up in the morning to find it had just failed within 3 minutes. If I'd checked it I wouldn't have had to run it again the next day. >_<

2 seconds in.. was trying to test my 3700 @ 2.8ghz, 1.4v.. funny thing is, it would boot into Windows and not have any noticeable issues until Prime. lol

Guest RohypnoL
ive never had a failed prime.. never. rofl

Don't try for those suicide overclocks much, do ya?

Heh.... I had one didn't even make it to the start button.... got an error as the program was opening up.... :)

Shortest measurable one was a bit over 1 min (probably just enough time to heat up either the cpu or the mem...)

Mine would be about 4 seconds. Everything seemed fine and I was stoked about running P95, but it puked right after I started. I forgot what the speed was and on what CPU. Absolute fastest failure was 1 second, probably when I tried pushing my 3700+ to 2.8 GHz.

What really sucks is when you're doing a 24 hour run and it fails after 22 or so hours. This did actually happen to me a few months ago. I think on my next overclock I might try a 168 hour run just to see what happens.

Kind of an inverse from the topic, here's a time I thought my CPU would fail quickly, but didn't. A couple of weeks ago I decided to try for 3 GHz just to see what would happen. Naturally, with like 1.4 or so volts, it wouldn't boot Windows. I set it to 1.5, booted up, and ran dual Prime95's. I had CoreTemp open to see what it would hit. After 4 minutes, one of my cores was at 76 C. I stopped the test to spare my CPU, but neither core failed during the test. I was pretty impressed. Now if only I had the room to put a water cooling setup in my case...