Sign in to follow this  
Montol

Abit Nf7-s V2.0

Hey. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about the NF7-S v2.0 reporting lower voltage rails then were actually occuring. Just seem to be getting lower numbers then what I should, but maybe its just the PSU after all. Unfortunately I don't have a multimeter to test it either (otherwise I wouldn't be posting this :) )

Thanks

Oh, and one more question. Is it possibly to use SATA w/out the RAID drivers? Just cause they take precious, precious startup time. :)

The Abit NF7-S is a power hungry devil! If you have a lot of drives and fans, it even gets worse. Overclockers recommend at least a 400 watt power supply with that puppy and I recommend an Antec or Enermax 465 like I have. <_<

Yeah. I have no problems with the 400W power supply I'm using now, the reported voltages just seemed a bit low in comparisons to other reviews I've read. No worries though.

very power hungry i am having problem with a sparkle psu in mine now that i have a chip that does more the 2.5 ghz the 12v line from the monitors say that i have around 11.37-11.43v wile its at 2.6ghz and only with 1.82 vcore i would say they need at least a good name brand 400watt or more psu

as far as the under volting of the cpu and stuff i have heard it both ways that it does and doesnt undervolt