I Screwed up the BIOS!

Have been through ExRoadie's procedure with about 2 hours on Clear. The boot afterwards seems to be the one from eSupport. Can get the BIOS up on screen but there is no Genie line. Windows tries to load with some icons on screen and a couple of dialog boxes. Can't do anything because the PS2 mouse cursor does'nt move. On latest try I finish up with a BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

etc, etc.

** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE0A0BC9C, 0x00000000, 0xF835674F, 0x00000000)

** Ntfs.sys - Address F835674F base at F832E000, DateStamp 41107eea

Should I try the Tmod CD now?

Use TMOD's Bios CD ver 7.5 and load BIOS 704-2BTA. follow the procedure to the letter. Reason you are getting the strange screens and messages is that your memory timings are incorrect. Don't forget to do a search for your MOBO & memory combination in the forum.to get the settings that you need. You need stable prime settings w/ no overclock to start with. Print them out. Have a PS/2 keyboard to start up with. If you miss some steps in the BIOS load or CMOS(see my signature) clear your system will be hosed and you might corrupt the BIOS again. :) TMOD's site is a prime resource for the information on BIOS.

NanFred,

Will they give you a refund since it didn't work on the system?

All the knowledge and bios files you will need are located right here on the street.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Tmod

Followed erico's advice. Installed Bios 704-2bta from Tmos's 7.5 CD. System boots with Bios line of 07/06/2005-NF-CK804-6A61FD49C-00. It loads quite fast thru Welcome screen to the Desktop. It is consistent, solid and all the applications I've tried to date have worked OK. However have a major problem that I can't get the graphics card to work. The Device Manager shows:

Radeon X700 Series

Radeon X700 Series Secondary

both are preceded by the dreaded yellow exclamation mark. When I try to update the graphics driver I'm told the driver I have installed is the best!

The ATI Catalyst ControlCenter shows as installed in the Start - All Programs menu and with an Icon in the Tray, but when I try to display the ControlCenter it doesn't appear. Going through Start and clicking on the ATI Wizard results in the display of a very elegant 3-D box which says:

"Catalyst ControlCenter Desktop Setup Wizard failed"

Questions. [1] I flashed 704-2bta. Would I be better with 623-bta?

[2] Have I resolved the BIOS problem already and the graphics problem is a new one, even after using it successfully for 18 months?

Sorry to bug you guys, but I need to get this ATI card going too

Congrats you have sorted your bios problems, answer to first question is if it ain't broke leave it,,,,,the bios is working so go with it.....

As to your driver problem, uninstall the ati driver, dont reboot, download driver cleaner pro and run it and remove all Ati driver.......Reboot. Download and install the newest Ati i think it is 6.11 Cats, see if that helps.

Logan