Sign in to follow this  
casmello

Computer Repair, im at a loss....

Hold off on that purchase until we've exhausted other possibilities... How long did you clear the CMOS for? Did you follow the instruction in the link exactly? If you skip a step (e.g. you don't have a PS/2 keyboard) then your results are invalid, and you should start again...

I cleared for about an hour maybe a little more, and yes i followed the steps correctly. I think something is worse now, when i turn on the powersupply, all the fans inside the computer turn on but when i press the power button on the computer nothing happens at all.

Casmello,

Get a PSU from recommend list specifically for the Expert motherboard. DFI Recommended Power Supplies If it is not here forget it.

OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply

(personally tested by Happy_Games. This and the OCZ 700w GX are my two favorite psu's!)

OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply

(current top-rated, top-recommended psu by Happy_Games and majority of the forum!)

Order it form newegg.com and be done. You should have it next week.

Order it form newegg.com and be done. You should have it next week.

NewEggs order>ship>delivery times have really improved. Opening up the warehouses in NJ and Memphis have really given them flexibility as to where they ship the order from.

I ditto Tasr's recommendations concerning power supply choice.

ok i went ahead and ordered the

OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply

from newegg.com.

I hope this fixes the problem otherwise your all in trouble!!!

haha ;) ill keep you guys updated once i hook it all up

thanks for the help

Guest erico

Glad to hear you are on the same page with the rest of us. A good PSU makes a world of difference.

On another note: If you are not running RAID you should go into the BIOS and disable it... That should take care of your mediashield message.

Ok i got the PS today I hooked it up, and same problem. When i turn the PS on all the fans and lights start going, then I press the power button and nothing else happens. Its been a while since I had to mess with the motherboard but the 4 LED lights are on, is this good or bad I cant remember =X I know either they have to be all on or all off

Some people, not all, seem to jump to the conclusion that the power supply is always at fault. Its no good telling people that there power supply isn't on the recommended list without evidence that its no good. My power supply cost me over £100.00, is from a reputable manufacturer, came highly recommended and yet I am told it isn't up to the job and I should replace it. (Extreme Overclocking Editors Choice!!)

Some people, not all, seem to jump to the conclusion that the power supply is always at fault. Its no good telling people that there power supply isn't on the recommended list without evidence that its no good. My power supply cost me over £100.00, is from a reputable manufacturer, came highly recommended and yet I am told it isn't up to the job and I should replace it. (Extreme Overclocking Editors Choice!!)

No offense but where were you told that your psu is "not up to the job and it should be replaced",,,,,i thought it was only pointed out it was not on the recommended list....

Logan

Ok cmos is being cleared the only thing is i cannot find the floppydrive style power connector, i found one but it says fan5... Does my mobo not have this?

my PSU can power a furby.

Sounds like the board is damaged... try holding the power button down to get it to shut off then try a PCI video card if it turns off. (board did the same thing turns out the CPU had a bent pin)