Sign in to follow this  
casmello

Computer Repair, im at a loss....

I was in the middle of playing WOW and my computer randomly restarted. know when I boot up it either freezes at the LanParty UT expert NF4 screen or it goes to a screen that says something about Mediashield and then says Detecting Array and doesnt do anything after that. I havnt done anything unusual with the computer lately just games. what should i do

Sounds like a psu problem, I've had a similar problem. Try shutting down your computer then pull out your power cord for 15 seconds. Then replug it in and turn on the computer. I would recommend getting a psu from the recommended list.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

and i'm sure that psu has been working for a while but seems like peoples psu tend to crap out after a while.

well first off did the trick work? where you pulled out the power cord from the psu. Well from what your telling me.. it might be graphics card or memory but if you want. You can run prime95 or memtest run those for 8 hours and see how it goes. If everything comes clean check your GPU temp while running WoW and report back with that. you might need to get a better chipset cooler for your graphics card. Overheating might be another problem. But I would simply start off with running prime95 and memtest and see how those go.

From what i know of i heard WoW is a very ram intensive program for loading worlds etc.

I cant run any tests because it doesnt go past the lanparty UT expert NF4 screen, and no the trick didnt work i left it unplugged for over 30minutes

So, from your old thread here are the same questions again - it wasn't clear if you actually performed the requested operations:

1. Full CMOS clear. Linkage in sig.

2. have you tried to run memTest - does it at least get far enough to get into the BIOS?

3. have you tried with another PSU?

yeah i cleared cmos, i left unplugged, and no i can't get into any kind of testing or bios =X

Im just really fed up and im stuck + i just bought the thing not even a year ago.

It really does sound like a power supply issue. Even if you had a shop near you, power supplies are very difficult to test in my experience. Often they are "working" just not working properly.

I don't blame you for not wanting to "waste" money, but if you are on your own, having a second power supply is the only way to really tell.

If you buy one from the list and make it big enough and suitable for future builds, it would not be a waste. If psu is not the problem, consider your new one a diagnostic tool purchase or backup psu. I'd say it is a wise investment either way.

Some of them run forever and some don't, same brand, same model. Very irritating.