Tried to OC now can get into OS.

bchivers

I have been trying to OC an Opty 165 in a rig I just built. I made the settings in the bios and after when a few attempts failed The post screen says "Please re-setting CPU frequency in the CMOS setup" I booted into the bios and this time it asked for a password which I never set in the first place. I am supposed to give this computer to the owner tomorrow morning. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA. :confused:

Clear the CMOS. The link is in my sig. If the owner is receiving the system tomorrow all settings should be at stock values. One day is not enough time time to test overclock stability.

Clear the CMOS. The link is in my sig. If the owner is receiving the system tomorrow all settings should be at stock values. One day is not enough time time to test overclock stability.
I was typing the same time you were.

I did, though I would like to get it up to about 2300mhz-2400mhz for him

which I didn't think would be much of a problem for this CPU with XTreem DDR500 ram. I haven't figured out this OC thing yet I guess. Thank for the help.

The problem I am having is I can't get the ram to run at 250MHZ it shows up in the bios as DDR400. When I check in the bios I only see settings up to 233MHZ. How can I get this up to 250. Some of the people in another thread were trying to help me but I just couldn't get it. I have read the "THE" Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking guide! a couple of times and am still reading it as well as the one over at the MSI forums by Kingfisher and the one at XtremeSystems Forums.