Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darkslayer_merged

Cooling confusion

SI-120 isnt bad either.

I would have got the SI-128 but no places had them in stock for less than $55 and I got impatient and just bought the SI-120.

Guest Darkslayer

Ok, let me float this one by you guys, then I'm off to bed - It's 2:30 AM here and I've got to go to work tomorrow :sad:

One more question...

Which is better? The Zalman 9500LED or the Thermaltake Big Typhoon?

Thats it, I'm out of questions - thank you for all of your help guys! :)

I agree with Thraxz, although I have the 9500 cooling my Opty @ 2.7/1.6vcore, it sags because of its own weight when placed on a case, thats my main reason. I now have my system on an HTPC case so it performs very well.

t_ski, thats a pretty good review :).

One thing though; Does the Big Typhoon's fan sit too close to the side panel? Is there enough clearance in "normal" cases? That is the primary reason I've avoided that unit and gone with squat units.

Thanks. :D

For the size factor I had this in my Rosewill R114a case. That case measured 7.8" wide. When I had it installed on my Ultra D it sat behind two 25mm thick case fans installed on the side panel. There was about 1/4" of room left between them.

TtTyphoon_39.jpg

If your case is thinner or wider that would affect the distance between the two.

And I have not used the Zalman, but I aggree with the others about the replacable fan, and I have heard issues with the weight of the Zalman.

Sign in to follow this