Sign in to follow this  
MACarter02

How many DFI-based computers have you built?

143 members have voted

1. 1.

• ZERO. But I will soon.
    • ONE. My sig rig is my one and only. But not my last.
    • TWO. Ive been around the block before.
    • THREE. I like to upgrade. ALOT.
    • FOUR or more. Im obsessed, a mod, or admin, or I build for business.

Guest element

I have built several. But this sig rig was the first DFI for me.

I changed over from:

MSI nF3

9800SE at 8pipes and NP clocks

2x512 DDR400 Twinmos stuff assumed BH type die as they liked low latencies

80 GB SATA cudda

485Wtt Enermax PSU damn stable and good looking PSU

To:

DFI Nf4 ultra-D

6600GT MSI

same ram

same hdd

same PSU

Then i Sli'd the 6600GTs.

2 months later i swapped it out for 7900GS

and the RAM was swapped for the present stuff. :)

I have also bulit my little bro a Ultra-D rig. It isn't OC'd yet but the coming holidays it will as he installed a X1950XTX in it :drool:

Can you even get old DFI boards anywhere? Newegg doesn't have anything older than Socket 754.

see them on ebay occasionally, but most of the time you can grab an ultra-d for about the same price.

My first DFI build is the famed Pro875B, the second edition, that ran my Preshott 3.85 on a pair of TwinXLPro 1:1 very stable on a Zalman heatsink. I was able to run 4.0 on the Preshott/DFI, gaming, video editing and burning CD but could not get prime stable no matter what. It only stabilized on 3.85. My biggest mistake is selling it to a friend, that board started it all for DFI for me. I progressed to Ultra-D, sold it, another mistake, because I got the SLI-DR with an X2 3800+, currently on an Expert/Opty 165. There will never be another board that I will use, I have never had any problems with my DFI boards that I could not resolve because of this forum, I got all my answers here, never did call for suppport or whatsoever. DFI all the way!!!!!

Just got my fifth DFI, an Infinity 975X/G with a 6600 Conroe/2GB Ballistix, 8800GTS from XFX will be here tomorrow. :nod:

Just got my fifth DFI, an Infinity 975X/G with a 6600 Conroe/2GB Ballistix, 8800GTS from XFX will be here tomorrow. :nod:

Have you had good luck with XFX in the past? I had to RMA two cards from XFX, one wouldn't boot and the second caught fire when I booted up. The second time I just sent it back for a refund. But the thing is I don't know if it was the HR-03, the card, or the PSU.

The 3 in my sig. Have seen many changes, air to water back to air and then to water again. 5 processors, 8 video cards, and several different mem. kit sizes and speeds, 7 PSU's, 4 cases. But still the 3 basic DFI MB's

I've built 2; My Lanparty 925X-T2 sig rig and a Lanparty UT nF-4 Ultra-D based rig for my dad

Have you had good luck with XFX in the past? I had to RMA two cards from XFX, one wouldn't boot and the second caught fire when I booted up. The second time I just sent it back for a refund. But the thing is I don't know if it was the HR-03, the card, or the PSU.

I personally haven't had issues W/ XFX just sold an XFX 6600GT and upgraded to an XFX 7900GT

Im on my third DFI board,two NF 2'S and the one i have now NF 4 Ultra-D

I also got a RDx200 waiting to be put together.