How many DFI-based computers have you built?

MACarter02

143 members have voted

1. 1.

• ZERO. But I will soon.
    • ONE. My sig rig is my one and only. But not my last.
    • TWO. Ive been around the block before.
    • THREE. I like to upgrade. ALOT.
    • FOUR or more. Im obsessed, a mod, or admin, or I build for business.

1- NF3 250 LP

2- Ultra D's

1- SLi Expert

1- Venus No. 349

I have three DFI rigs up and running(one at a time); SLi Expert; Ultra D and Venus; each has different graphics/memory/CPU's. Favorite Rig is the Sli Expert. And I really admire the Ultra D for its capabilities. My hardware addiction leads me to test various CPU and NB cooling solutions; memory comparisons and so forth. I have other motherboards; Abit. ASRock and Asus, but once you go DFI its hard (at least for me) to use another brand. When the dust has cleared in 2007 over the new Conroe and AMD offerings (and when DFI has a larger selection of LP's to choose from) I will make the move to more current hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Expert

2 nF3 UT 250 Gb

1 CM33-TL (PIII computer... old as dirt)

That makes it 4, unless building an Expert and sending the board back for RMA and installing completely new memory, PSU and CPU when it came back counts as 1 more.

In case no one ever seen one of these:

CM33-TL

Micro ATX, Socket 370, FSB133, 3PCI, 2 PATA, AC'97, integrated AGP video, 100 Mps LAN, 2 DIMM, supports Coopermine PIII processors. And it comes with overclock options in the BIOS.

I've built 2 DFI machines. One is my main rig that's outline in my signature. The other is my portable "Batcomputer". Here are the specs and a picture.

DFI LanParty UT RDX200 CF-DR Motherboard (BIOS: 2005/12/23)

AMD Athlon64 FX-55 2.6GHz Processor

Corsair XMS TwinX2048-3200C2Pro Memory Modules (PC-3200; 2GB dual channel kit)

ATI Radeon X1800 CrossFire Edition PCI Express Video Card

ATI Radeon X1800 XT PCI Express Video Card

Zalman VF900-Cu High Performance VGA Coolers

Samsung SyncMaster 191T 19-inch LCD Flat Panel Monitor

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card

Seagate 80GB w/ 8MB cache 7200rpm Serial ATA Hard Drives (RAID 0 configuration)

Seagate 120GB w/ 8MB cache 7200rpm IDE Hard Drive

Lite-On SOHD-16P9S DVD-ROM Drive

Lite-On SHW-160P6S DVD-RW ReWriter Drive

Floppy Drive

D-Link DWL-AG530 PCI Wireless Adapter

Saitek Gaming Keyboard

Logitech MX-510 Performance Optical Mouse

Creative I-Trique 3300 2.1 Speaker System

Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 Power Supply Unit (650 W)

Antec Super Landboy Mid-Tower Case

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1)

Blue LED 80mm Cooling Fan

Batman 80mm Fan Grill

Batman Action Figure

My first DFI build is the famed Pro875B, the second edition, that ran my Preshott 3.85 on a pair of TwinXLPro 1:1 very stable on a Zalman heatsink. I was able to run 4.0 on the Preshott/DFI, gaming, video editing and burning CD but could not get prime stable no matter what. It only stabilized on 3.85. My biggest mistake is selling it to a friend, that board started it all for DFI for me. I progressed to Ultra-D, sold it, another mistake, because I got the SLI-DR with an X2 3800+, currently on an Expert/Opty 165. There will never be another board that I will use, I have never had any problems with my DFI boards that I could not resolve because of this forum, I got all my answers here, never did call for suppport or whatsoever. DFI all the way!!!!!

Just built around an Infinity/c2d6600/Ballistix/8800GTS. It rocks at 3.6!

I've built 2 DFI machines. One is my main rig that's outline in my signature. The other is my portable "Batcomputer"

a "Batcomputer", Jebus, that's cutting edge thinking :)

Very important to continually think of ways to incorporate more DFI mobo's into our lives.

I've got an Expert and an Infinity 975X as my main machines. I've also got an SLI-DR as my mule and I built my wife a uATX system around an old PS35-BL 865G board. I'm building my nephew a box for Christmas based on a modded LP UD NF4-D. Yeah, I like DFI.