Sign in to follow this  
Campari_Kurita

Raid0 Nightmare

is there no way to restore that Nvidia information?

maybe with some Nvidia special tool?

Sorry it happened but you're just out of luck. If you were going to be able to get the data back, the drives would have been recognized by the nVidia array when you put them back in.

You can swap two drives on different SATA ports when using the nVidia controller on the nF4 boards. As long as the ports are turned on and set to RAID, the array doesn't care.

That is a very interesting bit of info ExRoadie. I've spent each build of my NF4 rig numbering my raid drives when i did'nt need to. Saved me any further head scratching thank's :) .

Yeah i have swapped them back and forward a few times since setting my array up and the NV has picked up the array everytime regardless of which header the drives are installed on.....usually go Sata 1&2 or 3&4 etc,,,,,,,also i moved my array from my SLI-D to my Expert and it worked no prob as well, NV to NV no problem really..

Logan

The RAID configuration data is written to the drives when the array is built. This is the reason you should always "break" the array before you pull the drives or attempt to use a drive that has been part of an array.

We went through this countless times when the nF4 boards first hit the street. TMod included the "Wipe Drive" utility for just such and occurrence. It's the only way to make an "array" drive work properly as a single drive.

Sorry it happened but you're just out of luck. If you were going to be able to get the data back, the drives would have been recognized by the nVidia array when you put them back in.

This is not Completely True!

After one whole n8 of researching and googling (i really neded that data back)

i found this tool : http://www.runtime.org/raid.htm

wich can in fact recover data from broken raids!

i have to rebuild it...but at least i got my data back!

So, it actually worked? Are you saying that you now have your data back, exactly as it was with no ommissions? That is quite cool - and if so, that is a link well worth hanging onto to be fair..

you should be able to just repair the stripe i have swapped from the NV raid0 to the sil raid ) a few times just repaired the stripe and back in business. but if u configed the drives over you turfed your own data

so..finished repairing

the first MB of the Raid Was unusable....but except that..i got my hole data back....that prog is slow (took hours to complete) BUT it works.....i'm just glad i have my data back....

i'm off burning my important documents to DVD-Rams (i should do that more often)

After one whole n8 of researching and googling (i really neded that data back)

i found this tool : http://www.runtime.org/raid.htm

wich can in fact recover data from broken raids!

i have to rebuild it...but at least i got my data back!

It's encouraging that it has actually worked since it's fairly new and as you found out, mostly unknown.

Their GetDataBack application works great and I have a license for it already so this may be another addition to my tool kit.

Please keep us posted on your results.

So,

recovery is Finished. I Managed to get ALL my data back safe and Intact.

All what i needed to do was freeing up enough space on another disk for an complete image, attach the 2 Raid0 Disks as single drives and let the prog "destripe" them (it automaticly detects the stripes and puzzls them back together) after 6 Hours i had an Intact image of the Disk, could format it, recreate the raid and play back the image.....all good now!