Sign in to follow this  
Guest thespin_merged

OCZ Watercooled FlexXLC DDR2 Memory

Guest RohypnoL

Wow.. and I thought the Corsair Dominator was impressive. This is just outright sick! If the Dominator sticks are 600 right now at Newegg, just think about how many body parts you're going to have to give up to get these babies.

I have to say... when I upgrade to Quad Core in 6 to 8 months, if they don't have DDR3 out yet... and they haven't put out even faster ram (which I'm sure they will) those are on my list. LOL

yep lovin these straight onto the wishlist, I was wondering OCZ's next move as theres some really big competition out there at the moment, yet again they never fail to impress!

As much as I like this idea, IMO, the implementation sucks.

I have a CPU waterblock that works with 3/8" and 1/4" tubing. I have a GPU waterblock that works with 3/8" and 1/4" tubing. I have a north/southbridge block that works with 3/8" and 1/4" tubing. I have a res, and a rad that work with 1/4"-3/8" tubing.

Is their product good? Most probably yes. Good enough for me to take apart my whole system so I can replace the barbs and tubing? **** no. Accommodate me and my 1/4" tubing, or don't call it "innovative."

I'd rather stick to twist ties and 80mm fans. It'll work in any case, and any system, unless you try to overclock in a microatx environment.

If you think 9200 is overkill, don't use it at that speed. DDR1000 at 3-3-3-8 would work pretty well, I think. I'd try it.

If you get RAM that is rated at DDR11something and can't go that high, lower the timings. You'll see a performance difference in memory related applications(not games/encoding), and you won't have wasted your money on RAM that's not being used all the way. Lowered timings, higher bandwidth - whatever gets you faster speeds in memory intensive applications, who cares how you got there?