Holy Sh#$ quadcore is here!

Evil_inc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NewEgg price gouging again with a just released product. That's an $1100.00 processor.

Wow, that's so much cheaper! Why didn't someone tell me that before? I woudl have bought it.

Still stupidly overpriced.. anyone who pays over $1K for a CPU is nuts.

Then everyone who just speant there last 2 paychecks on a C2D system are going to be wondering why they even switched over in the first place...

Because overclockers tend to like fast things, and waiting a year opposed to getting it now is a very simple choice.

If few games take advantage of a dual core why would there be a rush to make them use a quad core?

A small majority of people buy high end CPUs with stuff other than gaming in mind. I play yahoo pool and wc3 - 3.6 GHz core 2 duo is stupid overkill for that, I do other things with the CPU that are multithreaded that would kick butt with quadcore.

Because overclockers tend to like fast things, and waiting a year opposed to getting it now is a very simple choice.

Yeah, but you can go spend 100 bucks on an opty 146 and have a 3ghz + processor. That statement of mine was mainly directed towards the socket 939 users who switched over there whole platform, just to get a c2d rig.. Just doesnt make much sense to me, especially considering the socket 939 cpu's are still the freakin best out there IMO ;)

If few games take advantage of a dual core why would there be a rush to make them use a quad core?

While it is non-trivial to program single applications to utilize dual cores/processors over single cores, once you make it "dual core" ready it's pretty much "multi core" ready, too.