Sign in to follow this  
bchivers

How do I get DDR500 on an Ultra-D?

The bios only goes up to 233mhz, I would like to go to 500 or more.

Go read the stickies at the top of the forum. There's something called the FSB speed.... And your ram isn't rated to run at that speed, so thats not by any means guaranteed.

It might help if we had the bios date.(The award version no# doesn't really help) I don't think I've ever seen a bios. That wouldn't goto 350mhz.(ddr700)Though gettin' the mems to pull it is sumptin' else entirely I don't know how high the bios I have will go because on that 1 you type the frequency settings in. Like was posted above. Read the stickies.

When your mems run outta' head room you can put them onna' divider. Read some. Post back ask. Someone will know.

Go read the stickies at the top of the forum. There's something called the FSB speed.... And your ram isn't rated to run at that speed, so thats not by any means guaranteed.

The ram I am interested in is in a computer I just put together, it is using Team XTreem DDR500 3-3-3-8

It might help if we had the bios date.(The award version no# doesn't really help) I don't think I've ever seen a bios. That wouldn't goto 350mhz.(ddr700)Though gettin' the mems to pull it is sumptin' else entirely I don't know how high the bios I have will go because on that 1 you type the frequency settings in. Like was posted above. Read the stickies.

When your mems run outta' head room you can put them onna' divider. Read some. Post back ask. Someone will know.

I changed the bios version in my sig it is also the same one that I used in the new rig. Maybe I misunderstood the settings then, I thought it went to 233mgz. Next time I boot I will check.

Guest Kobalt

The RAM can run 1:1 with the FSB, so if you set FSB to say 300, then RAM will run @ 600 (DDR).

That make more sense now?

The RAM can run 1:1 with the FSB, so if you set FSB to say 300, then RAM will run @ 600 (DDR).

That make more sense now?

Much more, thank you.:) So if I want my ram to run at 500 I set the FSB to 250 and then do I leave the dram frequncy on auto?

Guest InFeKtioN

200 for dram ...

as long as you CPU can hanle the 250 FSB !

you may have to lower the multi

200 for dram ...

as long as you CPU can hanle the 250 FSB !

you may have to lower the multi

Still a little confused, I would leave the ram at 200 if it is PC3200 but what about PC4000 it's DDR500? Thanks for the help.

200 for dram ...

He is refering to the Memory Divider.

If you want to run your ram at 1:1 you would set the divider to 200

For example:

If you want to run your ram at DDR500, set the cpu to 10x250 & ram divider to 200 (1:1). Then your ram is running at 250 (ddr500)

If you want to run your ram at DDR450, set the cpu to 10x225 & ram divider to 200 (1:1). Then your ram is running at 225 (ddr450)

Now the other dividers can set your ram to run at ratios other than 1:1

for instance if you set the divider to 180 (9:10) & cpu to 10x250 your ram will run at 227 (ddr454)

or at divider 150 (3:4) & cpu to 10x250 your ram will run at 178 (ddr357)

I hope this helps.

Guest InFeKtioN
He is refering to the Memory Divider.

If you want to run your ram at 1:1 you would set the divider to 200

For example:

If you want to run your ram at DDR500, set the cpu to 10x250 & ram divider to 200 (1:1). Then your ram is running at 250 (ddr500)

If you want to run your ram at DDR450, set the cpu to 10x225 & ram divider to 200 (1:1). Then your ram is running at 225 (ddr450)

Now the other dividers can set your ram to run at ratios other than 1:1

for instance if you set the divider to 180 (9:10) & cpu to 10x250 your ram will run at 227 (ddr454)

or at divider 150 (3:4) & cpu to 10x250 your ram will run at 178 (ddr357)

I hope this helps.

Precisely !!!!

I guess I assumed that he took the advise in post # 2 and read the stickys ... mostly the DFI Overclocking Guide !

Guest erico
The bios only goes up to 233mhz, I would like to go to 500 or more.

Your CPU can easily handle the speed but reviews I read on your mem say that it's best OC is @237 Mhz (AIRCOOLED). That is @DDR474.

I wish I had your CPU to match with my OCZ Plat XTC pc4000 stick. I would make it scream:cool:.