Single, Dual, or Tri - Monitor Setup?

49 members have voted

1. 1.

• Single
    • Dual (Two)
    • Tri (Three)

got two old skool 17" Dell CRTs - waiting for santa to come with some TFT19"s

Cant live without the 2nd screen now.

main screen to game / surf or test, 2nd screen for temps, xfire, itunes, perf monitor, IRC.. or have a movie playing when im working.

Nvidia Dualview driver works well with gaming as long as you set your games video setting to the same RES as you have in Dual view.

2 screens it where its at, if you can.

LP

I've got a fantastic 22" CRT at the moment (NEC Multisync FP2141SB), but have been thinking of getting a widescreen LCD lately.

What I'd really like is three 24" Dells to run MS Flight Simulator on.

I'm pretty sure it supports multiple monitors, and I would hope a few of the Racing sim/games I play would as well.

Just a dream for now though.

Guest RohypnoL

Single! 4:3 CRT! I've never been a fan of LCDs much but I have my eye on a Samsung 19" 5ms 1600x1200 LCD which might just have to be snagged by yours truly and it could possibly change my mind.

Dual VX2025 monitors in span mode. More room for multiple apps then a larger display. All games are run on the primary monitor.

Usually Tri for me, 2 17" Viewera 8ms monitors and a 27" TV to watch movies while I'm working...

Actually at the moment I have one monitor because of my temp problems...

I ran dual for a while but found it wasn't really all that useful for the way I use my computer.

I ran a full screen game on one monitor and has my music player, chat, & e-mail up on the second monitor.

As mentioned before.... I had to minimize full screen game to do anything on the other screens so I got tired of it.

2 Dell 2007WFPs (20.1" widescreen, 1680x1050, S-IPS panels)

They are the same price (or were when I got them) as the 24" Dell 2407WFP. It made more sense for me to go dual screens for 1) the nerd factor and 2) I needed the space

I love it, but whenever I game (which is not very often!) games ALWAYS default to dual screens. This bugs me.

How do I prevent it? I want to have the toolbar on both windows when in 2D mode

Well I have 2 PCs, and 4 monitors. I suppose I could hook up all 4 monitors to one pc, but MEH, my acer AL 2051W 20" widescreen and my 19" crt junker are enough for me on my main box.

Not much of a gamer but I like Dual screens.

Like Praz, in the horizontal span mode at 3200x1200.

Two 20.1" 4:3, an LG Flatron L2010P and an NEC 2080UX+.