Single, Dual, or Tri - Monitor Setup?

Hymn

49 members have voted

1. 1.

• Single
    • Dual (Two)
    • Tri (Three)

What do you choose?

I ask this because right now im testing my PC with 2 monitors and the downfall so far is while playing CounterStrike Source the crosshair is RIGHT in the middle of the two screens, so you cant see where you are aiming at.

Vote and tell the downfall or benefits of your choice... or why you would choose that in your future.

-Tom

Haha, i know exactly what your thinking... multitasking with the same mouse... Ex: Talk on AIM on one screen while playing a game full screen on the other? I tried that this morning and it was upsettings... From what ive tried you cant do that... Ok, you can have your game full screened and see AIM and Xfire and what not on the other screen while having a game full screen open, how ever when you click to send an instant message on the other screen... the game will minimize on you anyways.

Got Dual but rarely use it. Very handy for internet browsing or watching TV/DVD. Never had a game that uses Dual, anyone know of any?

I guess 3 would be best and very cool, so the crosshair would be centered. man that would rock on BF2, maybe in patch 50.5...lol

I'll never consider dual monitors...at least as far as gaming is concerned. Three I might be able to deal with, but honestly see no reason for it (gaming, again).

Now then, for wroking on projects I could see it being extremely handy, especially in Excel.

But then again, 1 24" is enough for my purposes.

I run dual monitors. One VX924 by ViewSonic (4ms 19inch for gaming) and one 1545V By NEC that i have angled in, which I put my music player, xfire, aim, live messenger, and other things such as a internet source while typing in word on my main monitor. I use UltraMon, which is a must for running 2 monitors in a span or desktop addition not as 1 big monitor, it creates a second taskbar for the other monitor and when programs are dragged to it, it shows the tab on it, it also allows many other features and the ability to set wallpapers to each monitor appropriately or proportion it correctly to both.

-Will

Guest caffeinejunkie

I have dual 17in NEC AccuSync70s and it's great because I do alot of mutlitasking. I also find it great for making websites having the code on one screen and site auto refreshing on the next. Around christmas I plan on going xfire and Ill probably add on another Accusync or maybe two :cool:.

I have dual monitors, but way smaller than I really wanted. I wound up with 2 15" (1024x768) LCDs that I wish I had just bypassed and gotten a large widescreen. I run an SLI setup, so only one monitor works when in-game anyway (unless they did some new stuff with the drivers that I missed).

So my vote is complicated.... SLI? 1 big muther of a monitor. Single card? At least 2, but I'll vote for 2 since that's what I got now.