Sign in to follow this  
red930

I have seen the future, and it's damn expensive!

you can contribute alot of the rising board cost to the sky high price of copper....

last year it was going for a $1.00 a pound....earlier this year it's been almost $5.00 a pound and no looks of comming down....?

ASUS Striker Extreme Socket T NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard. 400 dollars.

PNY VCG8800XXPB GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card. 659 dollars.

CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1111 (PC2 8888) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory. 610 dollars.

PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW-SR EPS12V 1000W Continuous @ 50°C Power Supply. 599 dollars.

Seagate Cheetah 15K.4 ST3146854LW 147GB 15,000 RPM SCSI Ultra320 68pin Hard Drive. 759 dollars.

PLEXTOR Black 8X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 8X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 24X CD-R 16X CD-RW 24X CD-ROM 8M Cache IDE Blu-ray DVD Burner with replaceable beige front bezel. 850 dollars.

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor. 1,499 dollars.

Relizing you just spent 5,376 dollars on a computer, and forgot to buy a case...... priceless.

lol. knew it!

You mean that 400 dollar mobo doesnt have SCSI controller card??!

Well its got raid, for sata drives.

And you also forgot 2x cards...you DID just blow $400 on an Sli motherboard after all. :D

if you put it in a case, how do you view it? with a mirror?

heh heh... brings to mind a good old Motley Crue song. "... Hot Child! Always walked behind you for the rear view, rear view..." Slice of Your Pie, from the Dr. Feelgood album. Ok... I feel old now.:P

But, I do hope this is not the sign of the future standard. This motherboard, the Venus (which I would have actually paid for), a few of the Fatal1ty boards... all with a hefty pricetag. Things like this are gonna push my retirement back to the funeral zone. :sweat: