Nvraid bios

Hi guys, are we likely to see a new bios in the not too distant future with an up to date nvraid bios.

Ive managed to get the raid working on my xp boot drive by taking the drivers off an old set of chipset drivers and slipstreaming them into xp.

Problem now is I cant get the raid working with Vista Ultimate 32bit as the chipset drivers for vista have the later raid drivers that dont work with the outdated raid bios.

p.s. can someone recommend a good chipset cooler, ive tried 1 but it wouldnt clear the dual pci slot cooler of my radeon 1900xt and theres no way I could cram a water block in the available space.

Hi guys, are we likely to see a new bios in the not too distant future with an up to date nvraid bios.

Ive managed to get the raid working on my xp boot drive by taking the drivers off an old set of chipset drivers and slipstreaming them into xp.

Problem now is I cant get the raid working with Vista Ultimate 32bit as the chipset drivers for vista have the later raid drivers that dont work with the outdated raid bios.

p.s. can someone recommend a good chipset cooler, ive tried 1 but it wouldnt clear the dual pci slot cooler of my radeon 1900xt and theres no way I could cram a water block in the available space.

Personally I've never managed to slipstream SATA Raid driver in any Xp installation cd... maybe I'm a jackass in this kind of things... :confused:

I strongly agree with you, DFI kick out a new bios please!!! :mad: I'm particularly interested in solving the x10 multiplier issue, it's really damaging my OC!!

Ciao!

Baio

here is the guide I followed for slipstreaming the raid drivers -

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...&st=0&p=356029&

a straight forward easy to follow guide, just make sure you use the drivers from 6.53 chipset drivers as the new drivers wont work with the older nvraid bios version.

Whats is the 10X multiplier issue? im running an am2 x2-3800 with the standard 10X multiplier and so far its turning out to be the worst clocking chip ive ever had.

Its taking 1.575v to do 2.55 water cooled. My old socket 939 dual core was doing 2.8 100% stable at 1.525.

here is the guide I followed for slipstreaming the raid drivers -

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...&st=0&p=356029&

a straight forward easy to follow guide, just make sure you use the drivers from 6.53 chipset drivers as the new drivers wont work with the older nvraid bios version.

Thanks a lot! :)

I'll follow on the next Xp installation (hope it's not soon!!).

Whats is the 10X multiplier issue? im running an am2 x2-3800 with the standard 10X multiplier and so far its turning out to be the worst clocking chip ive ever had.

Basicly, if I set x10 multiplier I can't use intermediate RAM dividers, only 200 or 400, the pc won't even POST. I thought it was a ptoblem with my CPU, but I found other users on this forum with the same issue...

Its taking 1.575v to do 2.55 water cooled. My old socket 939 dual core was doing 2.8 100% stable at 1.525.

Maybe an unlucky CPU... 3800 are quite easy to reach higher MHz... So I heard and read several times, I've never had one.

Ciao!

Baio

• 3 weeks later...