HELP!... X700 BIOS problem...

Hey guys... I've been scanning these forums for a while and I've come to realize that there are some EXTREMELY knowledgeable people here...

So I thought I would ask for some help here...

I work for a big computer store in Toronto Canada and a customer recently bought a video card (Powercolor X700 AGP 256mb) and apparently tried to flash the Bios with Windows... and apparently his sys crashed half way through so the Bios became corrupted...

He left the card at our tech center telling us to keep it... lol so i brought it home... (free x700 = HAPPY PANTERA!)

Sadly I have looked EVERYWHERE for this BIOS and no one seems to have it or anything very similar... so im here to ask for assistance... if anyone has this card or one similar (DDR1 not DDR3 and AGP non-pro) please post your cards info here and we can maybe arrange how to copy your Bios for you to send to me (painless process) or if anyone can find this BIOS online...

I have already checked the best place: techpowerup.com...

Sadly they dont have anything close enough for me to risk it...

I would greatly appreciate any help you guys could provide...

Thanks a lot,

Pantera

The best site I've found is mvktech.net They have a large database of GFX BIOS's. If you can't find the exact BIOS you can try ones from other manufacturers.

p.s. when using nVFlash; you can create a bootdisk, copy the nVFlash files and BIOS image to the root directory anc copy the following lines into the autoexec.bat file to create a blind flash disk:

nvflash -r

nvlfash -4 -5 -6 -A -y file.rom

p.s.s. I personally discourage the use of Windows BIOS flashes and prefer using a boot disk

hmmmm

ebdoradz, any idea if it would cause any problems if i use a 128mb bios...

all the others have DDR3 timings... my card is DDR1 at 266...

The saphire 128mb ones have the right timings but wrong megs... can i use this or maybe edit it to give me the 256?

any idea if it will limit my card to 128?

Thanks a bunch guys... much faster than techpowerup forums... lol

YAY DFI!

Pantera

lol..... i finally found the exact Bios i needed at mvktech.net.... but the link was dead....

ARG!!!

so i emailed the owner of the site... what a nice guy! he was on vacation but had his laptop... he was nice enough to re-establish the link to the file i needed and even emailed it to me!

great site...

Havent tried it yet,... no time... but ill let you guys know... t

Thx again all!

Pantera