I got bitten....

cuoficr

Well I have 3 cats, 1 of which is well elderly as far as cats go, and 2 young very proficient mousers. My black cat Sophie brought a critter onto the front porch, which is normal, but it was quite a bit larger than anything shes ever caught before. The thing was all limp, and I wanted to know what it was, so I shooed her away from it, and the little furball jumped and flew by my head. She somehow managed to catch a damned flying squirrel! A very excited and scared flying squirrel. I wanted to catch it before she could torture it anymore, but the thing seems pretty healthy, so no putting anything out of its misery tonight, considering it bit me you should all be very proud of me that its still alive.

Right now its in a cat carrier, I did a little research tonight and it seems they make good pets, in fact they are kind of common. The thing seems to be young judgeing by its size, so Im gona do a little more digging and either make it a pet or release it.

Ill upload some pic's of it tomorrow, its actually very cute. But if it isnt going to be happy in captivity i wont keep it. Little bugger is lucky my snake isnt hungry or he'd be din din.

cool...

I had a pet squirrel once...got it when it was a baby....it would run accross the back of the furniture and sit on your shoulder and flip it's tale around your head.... It was a awesome pet until I left the window open...I found it was a male squirrel and the females would climb on the screens and chirp at him.... then one day he got out and got a taste....never been right since..;)

Guest drteming

Though it's rare for a squirrel to carry rabies, any mammal can do so. You gotta be careful. Sorry to be such a downer.

Though it's rare for a squirrel to carry rabies, any mammal can do so. You gotta be careful. Sorry to be such a downer.

Well, i can say 100% positivley that it doesnt have active rabies (doesnt mean it doesnt have rabies, but atm it is non comunable). Animals with active rabies cant ingest food or water, and this thing is eating bird seed. But in all sincerity thank you for the concern