4 x G.Skill 550 F1/LE not stable.

ianmknight

Hello,

I have a stable OC in my Venus with an Opteron 170 at 1.35 Vcore running at 2.8x10=2800, with a 1Gb pair of G.Skill 550 F1/LE’s at DDR560 T1,2.5,4,3,7. 2.7 VDIMM. (SIMM 2/4) Working 100% stable all day every day.

So today I added an extra 1Gb pair of G.Skill 550 F1/LE’s and not only wont the system run at my OC but it won’t even run at 2.0x10=2000 DDR400. With no other changes than the FSB reduced. I have tested both pairs of simms at my OC and as 1Gb sets they are fine in either SIMM 1/3 or 2/4) but as 2Gb they show errors in MemTest386 or Crash XP.

Any ideas please.

Many thanks in advance IMK

before you install your second pair of RAM you will need to enter BIOS and set comand rate to 2T(enable command per clock or CPC). Exit out and save then install your extra RAM. You will need to re-test for stability using 4 x 512.

Four sticks are not going to run at the same secondary timings as two sticks. Even with using optimal timings for two sticks when adding another two will require some minor adjustments. If the timings were stable but not optimal major changes may be necessary. Might also need to increase DIMM voltage some. Reaching the same overclock with four sticks as what was achieved with two will depend on how strong the memory controller is.