is my nf3 DEAD?

My nf3 just stopped booting,,

I hit the on power, lights flash for a half second-cpu fan spins then it shuts off.

I did the cmos clear.Pulled out the battery, and left the cmos clear on over night

I pulled the vid card the hdd/dvd/memory and different psu out and retryed.

Still no go.

Any thing else i could try? Or is it dead?

Have you tried a different psu yet just to rule it out? My friend has his do the same after about 3 months of use, just up and died. We never got it working and had to RMA it. Only thing I can think is that maybe the inadequate cooling for the northbridge was part of the cause?? Keep us updated though and let us know what you figure out.

Well if another psu doesn't work it may be high time to consider an RMA if that's still a possibility for you. Not sure what else to suggest. Regaurdless of whether you get another board by returning this one or if you buy a new one, first thing I would consider doing is replacing that chipset heatsink.

Man that doesn't sound too good, if its getting that hot that quick then the chipset must the problem. I have read a few posts where the chipset has needed to be replaced. Do you have any warranty on the board? Im not sure about the RMA time for Oz I think its only a year. You would need to email one of the moderators here to ask about RMA options.

Hope you get some luck man, The 250Gb boards are worth their weight in gold.

I have the same problem here. The system was working perfectly for a year, on almost all the time as my HTPC. Just today while watching the big game the screen started freaking with odd patterns and then the system shut down. I tested the vid card (9800 pro) in another system and it works fine. I tried resetting the CMOS, pulling out all the cards and RAM, etc. No luck.

Now when I power on, the CPU fan spins for a second and then nothing.

I think I'm off warranty....bummer......any other ideas?