Sign in to follow this  
KillaNo1

Best Overclocking Board.

Hey Guys I am new to this forum (I hope I have done all the required steps before posting). My old Motherboard is about to die and I am in the search of a new Motherboard. I want to go with DFI. I was wondering which are the best motherboards for Dual Core and overclocking. I am getting a new PSU with this upgrade so the PSU wouldn't be an issue. Money really isn't an issue unless its going to be over $200. Which I doubt it will. Well I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Welcome.

Do you want the ability to run SLI?

r4z

Well I am not exactly sure. I never felt the need of SLI seeing that technology moves forwards so fast (I don't have $1000 to spend every 1 - 2 years because I want SLI). I also heard rumors that SLI boards don't overclock quiet as well. But I don't know if there is any truth behind it. Honestly I really don't care if it runs SLI or not. It is a nice feature to have but is not necessary. Thanks

It really dont mater. any of the lanpary nf4 D family will clock just the same and they all will do sli if needed. the heard rumors is just that a bad rumors

It really dont mater. any of the lanpary nf4 D family will clock just the same and they all will do sli if needed. the heard rumors is just that a bad rumors
Alright but are there favorites of the nf4 D family or are they really all just the same (with some more or less oc abilities) ?

Alright but are there favorites of the nf4 D family or are they really all just the same (with some more or less oc abilities) ?

the original Lanparty NF4 motherboards (NF4-D, Ultra-D, SLI-D, SLI-DR) are all the same in terms of performance/overclock abilities.

the only difference is NF4-D has single LAN, SATA II (all boards except the NF4-D have SATA II, but you won't really notice the difference between SATA I and II), and the SLI bits.

Other than that, in terms of overclocking and features, they are exactly alike

I don't care for the Expert board, but it's just as good overclocker as the rest of our Lanparty NF4 boards (and combo special at newegg.com stuck to the top of this section!)

The Expert is the favorite. But if your not an Expert it can and will beat you up

That is a wives' tale. This board is very easy once you learn it. With the folks here at the Street having your back it makes things very easy.

I think people may give Expert a "tough to get stable" tag because perhaps they try and get away with using inferior hardware with it(i.e. cheap power supply or cheapo RAM).

Give it some proven hardware and a little TLC and you have one hell of a motherboard, regardless of the fact Happy don't like 'em.

Sign in to follow this