Sign in to follow this  
Spring2188

Robbed

Get a good alarm system and keep a gun by your side. As big a fan as I am of the .44 Magnum you probably want something small for this purpose, like a stubby revolver or a small semi-automatic. I'm not a violent person, but if someone's in my house and I know about it, I believe in this situation using force is justified.

I think only a handful of states have the "home is a castle" provision. If you live in a state that allows concealed carry, you should ask someone in the office that issues CC permits what your obligations are regarding the use of deadly force while defending your residence and/or business.

If you live in Illinois or Wisconsin (the only two states that explicitly do not allow CC) they probably just expect you to hand over everything the intruder wants, including daughters and wives.

Always sucks to hear about someone getting burgled, especially a fellow Kansas Citian. Good luck getting your stuff back and/or replaced, and be thankful you weren't home when the douchebags broke in.

I think that is true about the gun stealing being major crime. We had some things stolen, guns included from a hunting farm. Several days later the guns were back. Is that not wild? Shame on us for having the guns available but ....

I unfortunatley didn't have renters insurance. They broke through 2 deadbolts to get into the patio side door. Anyone got any idea what renter's insurance runs, I'll probably get it now. I was hopin to get a new plasma TV with my tax return, looks like I'll be building a new system frist though.

This is why we should all build electromagnets into our doorframes. Just put them on a remote control, so when you walk to your house or are transporting any equipment in or out you can turn it off. When it's on it will nuke the pc so no one can use it for anything.

Hmm.... I wonder what other traps I can think of.

This is why we should all build electromagnets into our doorframes. Just put them on a remote control, so when you walk to your house or are transporting any equipment in or out you can turn it off. When it's on it will nuke the pc so no one can use it for anything.

Hmm.... I wonder what other traps I can think of.

..............lol.............. what about the ol' bucket 'o' mousetraps above the door. What about a dummy computer case with no guts? then hollow out the drawers of your desk and puit the real guy in there. Of course, build in fan drawn vents.

O the possibilties.

That electromagnet idea is good, because if the cops ever want to take your drive for whatever reason, they won't be able to incriminate you because the evidence is destroyed. I plan to install one in my house when I buy one.

It's on the list with my central watercooling system idea, where a large pump in the basement or garage pumps water through lines around the house, that you would plug your computer's watercooling system into. I could even run alcohol in the system and have it go through some kind of refrigerant - silent phase change. :D

You dont have to have a CC permit to defend your home, in any state. and its refered to as justifiable force. If some dude is walking out of your house with your tv and you shott him in the back you will go to jail. If you say go harlem nights on him and pop a toe off your good. It is always always safer to just let them go though, get a good detailed descrip and call the police.

In your own home you can keep agun wherever and however you want, CC applies to the transportation of weapons and/or firearms wherein you will come in contact with general population in public places. just an FYI

Also, I always find the "id shoot them" people extremely amusing, the only time its ever ever easy is if someone is about to shoot you and you dont have time to think, but that only lasts a second. I dont care if its just shooting someone in the leg, or in the chest. When you look another human being dead in the eye pulling the trigger is like trying to pick up a bus. And for those people that just want to have a gun as a deterent to wave around like a blooming idiot your as dumb as the guys stealing your worthless junk.