What is your connection speed/type?

likewhoa

203 members have voted

1. 1.

• Crappy Dialup
    • Cable Modem Broadband
    • Digital Subscriber Link (DSL)
    • Satellite (HST)
    • Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)

I had the 8m ↓ and 1.5m ↑, for like $67 a month. then I droppped it to 6m ↓ and 768kb ↑ and they dropped it too $19.99 for six months for some kind of promotion. I'll have that I said...lol. My connection speed hasn't dropped at all though which is weird, I think the speed boost depends an where you are downloading from, I look forward to downloading ATI drivers when they get released cause for some reason the whole driver package comes down at over 2mb per second, same with skype updates. Thing is Comcast is way too expensive for what you get. They kind of have Chicago area all sown up for just themselves, but i would jump ship in a heartbeat for verizon Fiber Optic.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude thats an awesome deal.

Yeah I wanted to take the customer service lady on a date when she told me they offered 15 MBps internet for under $50 dollars. Especially being an avid Fileplanet member. I downloaded the new Race07 demo in under 4 minuets.

The bad news is now everything else is going to feel like George Bush (slow)after having this fast of internet at home.

Yep, pretty sad we're up this early on a Saturday morning. I could not sleep past 6 this morning, and I was looking forward to sleeping in, but I guess I am just too used to my weekday hours. Wish I had your upload speed.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I didn't know people still used dsl. I've got optimum online at 15mb down and 2 up.

at 4am my connection speed actually maxes out.

Daytime I get about one half to three quarters the limit.

I suddenly feel lucky for being in optimums service area

it's only $30-45 (I call them up every once and a while and threaten to switch services so they reduce the cost for 3-6months)