What is your connection speed/type?

likewhoa

203 members have voted

1. 1.

• Crappy Dialup
    • Cable Modem Broadband
    • Digital Subscriber Link (DSL)
    • Satellite (HST)
    • Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)

Well all i have up here is Telus DSL there enhanced version. I am happy with it i get twice the download speed that i was used to before.

Here are my speeds as of tonight.

Download: 2630 KB/s

Upload: 710 KB/s

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in a Condo that has a contract with Qwest, so that is the only service I can. Dig my amazing speeds :(

To be fair they do offer a faster speed here than the 1.5 meg but they charge a extra 15 dollars a month and I am already overcharged, at a rate of 45 dollars a month. I miss Comcast..

225092841.png

I'm connected with Comcast Cable and the following were my results at the end of last year:

206254589.png

and these are my results as of a few minutes ago:

225189982.png

Obviously rates change throughout the day which is why I usually surf late in the evening or early in the morning.

Ive had Hughes Net for over 4 years now. I hate it! Its the most expensive service for the worst service and they limit you daily!

I get 1200 down and 180 up, suppose to be 1500 and 250! I have a threashold limit of 425MB a day, if I pass that I get dial up speeds for 24 hrs. Then it resets. The lag is horrible, I have 999ms as Ping times! May be worse, 999 is the limit they measure up to. I bet its higher then that!

Anyhow Hughes is the biggest scam, they say its high speed but like I said they limit how much MB you download, so you cant get a bunch of music or video, cant stream video for very long. Cant use broadband phone service, or game on it, due to the bad ping times. Hell I would fire at you and you could move behind me and kill me before I even fired! They cut your speeds down if you go over your threashold and limit it to 56k for 24hrs. The weather effects it worse then Direct tv, in fact I can watch tv when the hughes is out all the time! They now, after 4 years of me bitching, gave us free threashold downloading between 2am and 5am wooo!

Anyhow I pay $90 a month for Pro plus service. Mind you, when I got this 4 years ago I had to buy the dish and box for $500 bucks and then to upgrade this past year to the plus plan, I had to buy another $100 box. They do have lower plans, $59.99 is the lowest, but you get 750 down and 150 up and only 250ish MB threashold! BS!

Dont get Hughes net! Im moving soon, I hope I have a chance to get real highspeed again! Ill never get Hughes again, I would rather have Dial up but since I have $600 in equipment, I figure, best use it while I have to! Anyone what to buy some Hughes equipment for 1/2 price?? LOL Really, dont do it!

HUGHES SUCKS!!!

There is "Deep or Big Blue" another service up and comming, very similar plans but have the threashold as a monthly thing and lets you know when you get to 80% and just slowly slows you down over a long time. So you dont go past it at all! I think its like 17-20GB a month. Still could use that up rather quick i think!

That Hughes sounds like a complete scam dude. 425mb a day is a pathetic excuse for a cap amount, you could barely have enough of a quota to update your drivers on that horseshit.

You would be off better getting a $10 a month dialup until something better comes your way. I bet they offer you all kinds of deals when your about to close the account, just tell them to shove it bro.

• 2 weeks later...